Chicken "mutt" club!!!

Pics
Very cool chickens! Love your #2 in command. Adorable!
smile.png

Here's #1. Never trained, but I did start by putting a few day old chicks up to him for a sniff. Only did it a couple of times & he's protected them ever since! Best dog ever!!! He just chased off a loose golden lab off our driveway an hour ago. Yay Jake!

Wow! He is an amazing dog! Great instincts too. Kinda sounds like our older Lab. Didn't take much for her to understand not to kill the chickens. She's my favorite of our three. What kind of dog is Jake? Mix too?

We just hatched 16 mutts buff orpi rooster over barred rocks and delawares. And we plan on doing another batch in a couple of weeks. We sold these to a friend who just wanted chickens lol. And he does know they are mutts.

We just hatched 16 mutts buff orpi rooster over barred rocks and delawares. And we plan on doing another batch in a couple of weeks. We sold these to a friend who just wanted chickens lol. And he does know they are mutts.

I'd love to see some pics as those grow up!! I'm picturing striped fluffy bowling-ball shaped chickens
big_smile.png

Wow! He is an amazing dog! Great instincts too.  Kinda sounds like our older Lab.  Didn't take much for her to understand not to kill the chickens.  She's my favorite of our three. What kind of dog is Jake? Mix too?
Yep. Was told he was beagle x Boston terrier. He went on point with a rabbit once when he was young, so I'm guessing at least one other breed too. He's 6 years old now & we moved to the country when he was 3. Took to the country pretty well! I'm very blessed to have these 2 great dogs!

Back
Top Bottom