Chicken Name Bragger contest - No real prize, just braggin rights!

My chickens names are Gin and Tonic ;) They are 7 month old d'uccles, one cockerel (Gin) and one pullet (Tonic).

My vote for favorite name is Johann Sebastian Bock. That's a great name!!!! Hehehehe

I went with old-fashioned lady names, too!

Barred Rock: Amelia (Amelia Earhardt...loves to fly and is very curious)
Buff Orp: Penny (Either Henny Penny or Ms. Penelope Wentworth, depending on whether you talk to me or my husband!)
SLW: Dot
EE's : Lily and Dolly (Dolly Madison...Very strong-willed, yet ladylike)
Light Brahma: Rosie (Little Rosie Cotton...Tolkien fans will understand why it's a good name for a feather-footed lady)
Buckeye: Lucy (She's a pretty redhead)

Gotta say, though, that Johann Sebastian Bock and Baldilocks put my names to shame!

--Nikki

I need some name ideas for my Frizzled Naked Neck Easter Eggers hatching this week!

how many?

i say pick a theme...

Flowers:
Daffodil (daffy)
Tulip
Daisy
Buttercup
Hydrangea (Heidi)

Oldies:
Lucy
Merideth
Marylin
Edith
Bessie
pearl
Gertrude
Bretha

Trees (my favorite):
Willow
Alder
Ash
Birch
Cedar
Cherry
Chestnut
Cypress
Elm
and Bonsai for the smallest :)

these could be male or female

Bantams have been breed identified as Flint (Porcilin d'uccle roo), Pyrite (Silver Duckwing OEGB hen), Onyx renamed Anikin from Star Wars (black cochin bantam roo), Citrine renamed Pad-a-may from Star Wars (buff cochin bantam pullet). Flint and Pyrite belong to one of my sons, Anikin and Pad-a-may belong to the other son.
The Bantams have a rock theme: Flint (gray booted roo), Citirne (buff booted pullet), Onyx (black booted pullet), and Pyrite (OEGB pullet)

Rockslide(Hen-Barreled Rock)
Big Blondie(Hen-Pullet)
Tailfeathers(Hen-Pullet)
Little Blondie(Hen-Pullet)
Colorful(Hen-Sexlink)
Stinky(Hen-Sexlink)

Those are my full grown girls-now my little girls!

Smokey(Hen-Silkie)
Lucky(Hen-Barreled Rock)
Shadow(Hen-Silkie)
P.S/Did it biggest to smallest
tongue.png

This is Jasmin, a Black Japaneese bantam.She died last year. I think her name is cool, well.. her middle name. We rescued her, Carmen [BLB Dutch], and Houdinni [Splash dutch] on Halloween. When we were driving home, (it was Halloween) Thriller by MJ came on. All of a sudden, Jasmin started moving her head to the music and started dancing! ( Or however chickens dance :p) It was super weird, but super cute! So her name is Jasmin Thriller.

Back
Top Bottom