Chicken names needed!

To be fair i haven't named any of my birds in years but a few good name are hard to come by because it really depends on the persanalat of the bird like my white Phoenix pair there called courious Jorge and tippsy because the male Jorge is always flying to my naibours houses and over time he got his name and my female tippsy well after she finished clocking she looked like she had just came back from the pub if u know what I mean

I agree about needing more info, including your location. I like to have themes, my 3 now have a "Sopranos" women theme.
I like Native American names, but you might not if not in U.S.
Other themes: Disney (Thumper, Bambi, Pinocchio..) Old-fashioned: Ethel, Mabel, Edith... Cities: Abilene, Chattanooga, Fairy tales: Snow Queen, Gerda, Hilda, Gretel, Cinderella

My first six I named after first ladies. Martha, Jackie, Eleanor, Dolly, Hillary, and Mary. I am now working on names for the 6 new ones. So far I have Kitty from Gunsmoke, Adele the singer, and Jill for a friend that has repeatedly ask "which ones is Jill"?. I still need 3 me myself.

We name all of our girls:
Sophie
Ruby
Confetti
Tater tot
Alice
Penelope
Nelly
Nugget
Lucy
Robin
Pebbles
Clover
Peep
Rosie
Violet
Liberty
Marbles
Millie
Cedar
Freckle
Bean
Chip

2 Splash Ameraucana's (straight run)- Blanca and Pearl
2 black Ameraucana's (straight run)- Shadow and Nightshade
1 blue Ameraucana (straight run) Sky and Bluebelle
3 Splash silkies (straight run)- Truffle and Dusty
1 Buff Orpington (Pullet)- Big Bird
1 Candy corn polish (Rooster)- Zazu
1 Buff brahma (pullet)- Buffy
These are some nicknames I could think of :D

Try a theme. You could go with almost anything - spices (Pepper, Ginger, Clove); candies (Hershey, Twix, Reese); characters from a favorite movie or TV show; snacks (Popcorn, Pretzel, JuJuBee); the possibilities are endless. We have a friend who named hers after veggies. It sure was strange to hear her calling for "Carrots, Maters, and Broccoli," and even stranger to see them all come running. But her kids would tell everyone that they loved ALL their veggies!

My first six I named after first ladies. Martha, Jackie, Eleanor, Dolly, Hillary, and Mary. I am now working on names for the 6 new ones. So far I have Kitty from Gunsmoke, Adele the singer, and Jill for a friend that has repeatedly ask "which ones is Jill"?. I still need 3 me myself.

Annemade - Wonderful, strong ladies names! How about Amelia (Earhart) and, if you have an especially colorful one (or one with prominent "eyebrows,") Frida (Kahlo)?

Back
Top Bottom