Chicken Names!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sloallie10, Nov 10, 2008.

1. sloallie10

sloallie10 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    Im sorry i did not know there where other topics on chicken names im new here i only started a few days ago. sorry

2. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
    Fizzy...please don't let these folks bring down your thread. And don't be sorry, enjoy your responses...not all of us are grumpy bears....

Naming chickens after your favorite TV show/movie characters is always a good idea!

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  3. sloallie10

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    thank you bluey

4. bluey

bluey thootp veteran

Apr 10, 2008
    Washington, PA
    You are very welcome Fizzy!!! [​IMG]

5. invernessleander34452

invernessleander34452 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2008
    I named my first 4 roosters Paul, John, George and Ringo. Then I got one hen and named her Jezebel. Then I inherited 4 more hens and a little banty rooster. The banty was annoyed by my 4 roosters I already had so I named him Baby and babied him with attention until he fit in with the others. The 4 new hens I named Beth, Amy, Meg and Jo-from Little Women. This kept them straight at first and I cannot imagine not naming them.

6. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    I hope you find some fun and unique names for your chickens [​IMG]

One of my chicks is named Lizzie, its a Barred Rock and the one breed my daughter has asked for since I started getting chickens. We got a few, they all ended up boys, so we are hoping this chick is a girl. Anyway, I named her Lizzie, since my daughters middle name is Elizabeth, it seemed fitting, since she's the reason I got the chick.

Naming them after family and friends can be fun also. Or after cars, items or places that interest you [​IMG]

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:did Mom not teach you that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything? FizzyWow obviously started the thread to get ideas on names and you rained on the parade....that's not nice....

You have got to be kidding me.....I just told him/her I don't name my chickens.

8. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:why?

I've got lots of chickens is one of the reasons.

9. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:I agree that maybe you should learn to use the search function and you'll probably be able to find a lot of the information you are wanting.

10. sloallie10

Nov 8, 2008
    CA
    Quote:actually i dont have chickens, i was just wondering what people name them. people always come up with cool names!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by