Chicken not moving

Brady bunch

Songster
Jul 8, 2019
NY
Our one chicken has been sitting in the nest box for 9 hours now and she has not been moving. I saw he move once and that was like a blink of an eye. I just don’t know what to do. I have never seen any of my chickens do this. I don’t know if anything might be wrong without her?
Thanks in advance!!!
E0E416F8-8659-408A-831F-072F64873601.jpeg
This is how she has been sitting.

Attachments

• FCAEF1B4-5A20-4847-9D2E-2105134AE746.jpeg
    FCAEF1B4-5A20-4847-9D2E-2105134AE746.jpeg
    355.2 KB · Views: 2
Don't worry, she just wants to hatch out some eggs into baby chicks! She wants to raise a "brood" of chicks, that's why it's called being broody. She's just thinking real hard about the babies she's going to have in about 21 days, if you let her.

If you want chicks, set aside some eggs at room temp until you have as many as you want, say 8 to 10. Don't wash or refrigerate them. Turn them two or three times a day. When you have enough, but in about a week, mark them somehow and put them under her. Mark your calendar. Every day check under her and take away any new eggs.

Keep us posted and someone will tell you what to do as the day draws near!

Our one chicken has been sitting in the nest box for 9 hours now and she has not been moving. I saw he move once and that was like a blink of an eye. I just don’t know what to do. I have never seen any of my chickens do this. I don’t know if anything might be wrong without her?
Thanks in advance!!!
View attachment 1929338 This is how she has been sitting.
She sure looks broody to me! Do you have a rooster? If not, the eggs aren't fertile and brooding isn't going to work. If you do want chicks and have no rooster, you can get her some fertile hatching eggs and she'll never know they're not hers!

Back
Top Bottom