Chicken one eye closed and lethargic please help

Does it matter the dosage of a the tablet? I found one that is 600 milligrams without vitamin d.

She is pooping but it is small and looks hard to pass. It is like mini versions of regular poops. She has always been weaker then the other chickens but even more now.
Also we were thinking maybe it is vent gleet?

Okay. So we have her a bath and noticed that the yellow object looks hard. It is almost like it is clogging her vent. I want to remove it but don’t know if that is the best solution. What should I do?View attachment 3717479View attachment 3717485
Try lubricating the vent and giving her the calcium.

I have seen where some of have slowly picked material out of the vent with something like a popsicle stick, but that would be up to you whether you want to attempt something like that.
I'd lean toward her having lash material in there, but it's possible she's got a hard piece of stool lodged in there.

Doesn't look like Vent Gleet.
I agree with @Tookie it may be lash material she's trying to push out. I'd give her 1 Calcium Citrate tablet daily for a few days, see if this will help her push out what's in there, if it's in the oviduct.

600mg calcium is good for now, but I would try to get one with vitamin D. It might be a lash egg stuck in the vent. Calcium might help that to be passed. Lubricate the vent with a bit of oil.
So I was able to get one with vitamin d but the pills are very large and the dosage is 2 pills. The two pills combined is 300mg. Is this okay? Or should I give her 4 pills for 600 mg?

So we were able to remove the material blocking the vent, but it looks pretty backed up. She is taking the calcium very well I’m hoping that it will help push out the remaining material.

Back
Top Bottom