What do you think?

• Duck

Votes: 28 87.5%
  • Chicken

Votes: 4 12.5%

• Total voters
Pics
Here they are again:
DSCN1497 (Large).JPG DSCN1498 (Large).JPG DSCN1499 (Large).JPG DSCN1500 (Large).JPG DSCN1501 (Large).JPG

Aww they're so sweet together! I'll try my best to find a buddy for the duckling if it hatches. There are people in my area selling ducks but the youngest are 6 months old. I was also considering ordering maybe half a dozen more call duck eggs from RubyNala, and hopefully I would end up with at least one more duckling. I'll check out that link too! Thank you!

Alright, if it hatches as a duck I think I will go with the Metzer Farms. I'm considering either a mallard, golden 300 hybrid layer, or a duclair. They're all available or will be available very soon. I like the mallard's small size, but I'm concerned that they would fly away? They would be in the coop, and I'm also building a covered run, but I like to let them out to free range when I'm watching them. Those would be my first choice, as long as they stay where they live. I also like the egg production of the golden layer, and their coloring. However, is there any health effects they might have due to how much they lay? Also, will they or the duclair be too big compared to my little call duck? Sorry for all the questions. Never thought I'd be shopping for ducks in the near future!

So far, no external pipping. Thought I heard a chirp, but it could have just been from the chicks a couple rooms away. How long do ducks generally take to hatch after they pip externally?

Back
Top Bottom