Chicken Photos Thread

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by BantyChooks, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow! I've gotten some like that from my Welsummer, and even huger ones from my ducks. Those jumbo eggs look like they would hurt coming out. [​IMG]

-Alex

2. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Sing Brightly Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 1, 2015
    My Coop
    I forgot to look for the chicken with a migrane..... :lol:
    The biggest egg I ever got was either 90 or 100 grams, I forget which, but itt was from my older hens, not my pullets!!

3. Alexandra33

Ha ha! [​IMG]I got an egg from one of my Khaki Campbells that was probably 120 grams or so. Ouch!

-Alex

4. BantyChooks

Aug 1, 2015
    My Coop
    :th

5. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

Wow!

6. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

[​IMG]

7. BantyChooks

Aug 1, 2015
    My Coop
    more pics!!
    [​IMG]
    HennyPenny giving me the stink eye because I used the flash to get a pic of her roosting!

8. Alexandra33

Awwwww.....HennyPenny is SOOOOOO adorable! Is she a bantam?

-Alex

9. BantyChooks

Aug 1, 2015
    My Coop
    Yep! I really love my bantams, they have such big personallities in a small, cute package that is 10X easier to dust for lice! :lol:

10. Alexandra33

My mom and I are contemplating converting our gazebo into a chicken coop that we could possibly fill with bantams. Those tiny little things could never make it with our aggressive large fowl. Yep, even Alex. She beat up T.Roo single-handed the other day when he grabbed on to her and rolled her off her feet. I had a full-blown chicken brawl in my yard that ended with the overzealous roo retreating in terror from a hen 1/3 his size. But that wasn't enough victory to satisfy my spunky girl. She ran after T.Roo, seized his long tail, and tried to drag him across the enclosure. Then the next day, three hens, Marseilles, Ava, and Eve (BCM and two EEs) all ganged up on that poor boy and began to rip and pull and jump on him and kick his butt. [​IMG]

-Alex

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by