Chicken Photos Thread

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by BantyChooks, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

One of my Barred Rocks, Petra, is (I think) starting to go through a molt, but she's a little over a week away from turning 1. Seems pretty young for that yet, huh? Anyway, she looks hilarious, poor thing! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    -Alex

2. BantyChooks

BantyChooks Sing Brightly Premium Member Project Manager

Aug 1, 2015
    My Coop
    aww, poor girl! my hens just barely got over their molt- or rather, hen since I now have one hen and 10 pullets! (and some roos)

3. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

Poor girl!

4. Frindizzle

Frindizzle Guitar Girl <3 Premium Member

Yesterday 6 of the chickens started molting. Of course. Just when it goes below freezing. *Sigh*

5. Alexandra33

She looks even worse now! It doesn't help that T.Roo has been a real jerk lately with all the hens, and he's taken to molesting her. But because he's such a respectful roo toward us, his existence here has been preserved. That boy will just have a little time separated from our girls until he's calmed down. [​IMG][​IMG] We feel that this is best for now especially since we don't want to get rid of him.

-Alex

6. Alexandra33

Happy Thanksgiving, @Bubbles12345 and @Frindizzle! Hope it's a great one for you both. [​IMG]

-Alex

7. BantyChooks

Aug 1, 2015
    My Coop
    Thanks, you too! congrats on getting your pics in the hamburg feature on the front page! :)

8. Alexandra33

Thank you, Bubbles! I was pleasantly surprised that they picked Avalon for the breed focus. Where do you suppose sumi saw my pictures?

-Alex

9. BantyChooks

Aug 1, 2015
    My Coop
    Umm... Maybe your SSH thread? Or here? It's cool though! (Spring cannot get here fast enough- and it's not even winter yet. I reallyreallyreally wanna SSH!)

10. Alexandra33

That's true. [​IMG] Spring is full of exciting things for you, then! I REALLY want an Appenzeller Spitzhauben, but who knows how far into the future that will be.

Oh, one more thing, T.Roo is still great with people. Very respectful and non-aggressive. He's the type I can walk up to while he's on the roost and just hug all over without receiving more than a complaint. [​IMG]

-Alex

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by