Chicken Photos Thread

Pics

Unfortunately, it seems that my tiny potato here is egg bound. I can't get her into the vet until tomorrow. I don't know if her moving around normally is a good sign or not when her crop was still full this morning. Fingers crossed.

Unfortunately, it seems that my tiny potato here is egg bound. I can't get her into the vet until tomorrow. I don't know if her moving around normally is a good sign or not when her crop was still full this morning. Fingers crossed.
Oh no, is that Sparta?
hit.gif
I'll be praying for her. Could you try giving her some extra calcium and maybe a warm bath to help get that egg going?

~Alex

It is Sparta. She finally laid an egg yesterday but we went to the vet anyhow because her crop was very hard & full because of the back up on the egg. She had to get her crop flushed & she's on a medication for the next week to help make things process more normally & get her back to her usual self. That was quiet the scare!

Thank you Chickrunfun! This is first ever dust bath! However, i am now nervous cause i learned chickens get some stick flea from sandy soil........, And my soil is sandy! But we laughed so much!

OK so I finally got a few pics this weekend so I thought I'd throw some up here. Also can anyone tell me where should I go to start a thread about our rescue duck? TIA!

TOP THREE WE HOPE ARE (THOR) OUR SFH ROO FIRST TIME TRYING TO SEX THEM SO WE'LL SEE HOW I DID.

THESE TWO ARE OUR OTHER SFH. HOPING HEN! BABIES YAY!

THIS IS A CREAM LEGBAR HEN I BELIEVE.

OUR SFH HEN-NO NAME YET

OUR LITTLE BRESSE. HER NAME IS ANGEL

ANOTHER LEGBAR HEN

OUR TWO HERITAGE RIR'S. THELMA AND LOUISE LOL THEY ARE SO AWKWARD LOOKING AT THIS AGE...GANGLY TEENAGERS!
gig.gif

ALL THE KIDS GETTING THEIR DAILY OUTSIDE TIME NOW THAT IT'S NICE OUT.
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom