Chicken Photos Thread

Pics
So this is Twisted Sister (we have affectionately nicknamed him Twisty!) and we thought at first that it was a pullet but am now thinking he is a cockerel...any thoughts? Anyway he has became my favorite. He's always the most brave and out of the coop first, likes being held, holds his own against his slightly bigger counterparts and is just a sweet guy. He hops right up on my lap when I get out the treats!!

We got a bad rainstorm last night and twisty got very muddy and wet (he just played away while all the others ran in the coop) so my hubby decided he needed a bath! I have never seen a chicken like water but he loved it. Hubby had to hold his head up because he kept falling asleep and would start to fall over!!
lau.gif

After he got done I took the blow dryer to him which I thought would freak him out but he loved it!!!

Then he got to lay on hubbys chest for a few hours until we made sure he was absolutely dry and wouldn't get a chill before returning him to his brothers and sisters. He slept there for quite awhile!!! He is the coolest!!!
cool.png

This is cricket my bantam cochin at 7, 10 and 13 weeks old. She is the same age as the salmon faverolle in the 2nd picture lol.

Her feet are a little dirty, she decided to play in the rain.

This is cricket my bantam cochin at 7, 10 and 13 weeks old. She is the same age as the salmon faverolle in the 2nd picture lol.

Her feet are a little dirty, she decided to play in the rain.
You have very pretty chickens!

Here's my crew

Lucy

Her sister, Scarlet

Jeanie the light sussex and uh...Boo or Poppin...can't tell them apart anymore!

Boo...or Poppin
hu.gif
Guess Ima bad chicken dad, can't tell my babies apart! But hey, they get loved fed and spoiled!

Thank you, you have lovely ladies as well.
Don't feel bad I can't tell 3 ( out of 4) of my Faverolle hens apart either.
I been talking about getting a leg band on one of the CLB sos I can tell them apart, if only for me. They all come to anything you shout out when you round the corner. From me it's "Hey chickens!" If I'm calling individuals, it's "here baby hey baby" Unless it's Jeanie, then it "hey mama" cause she hatched and raised the CLBs She's my "pick me up" hen. She follows me and gets in my way then squats....keeps doing that till I pick her up. Funny girl.
love.gif

Well sad news!  We went camping for the Fourth of July weekend and upon returning found out that our neighbor who was supposed to be taking care of our chickens didn't at all and something (raccoons, we think judging by the fur left on the gate) got in and got 5 of my 5 month olds and my duck Webby! Only one of our Roosters is left.  Very sad weekend for us. :hit  Luckily the babies, SFH's, Cream Legbars, and RIR's were in a separate pen and are fine.  We set the live trap last night right outside the spot they got in and we had a skunk in it this morning, so now it's stinky too! :sick  Looks like I will be ordering more chickens this year after all. 
ohhh no I'm sorry to hear this. Hoping you are able to get new chick's before to long. That's awful about neighbor as well.

I am so sorry for your loss.  It sucks to loose those we care about so much!  Don't let guilt ruin your enjoyment of your flock, sometimes things happen and it isn't your fault.  You can tell by your pics that your babies have a great life!  Keep trying and I hope everything gets better for you. 

Thank you. Unfortunately, we did end up having to euthanise Athena that same day I last posted. It's really hit me hard since they were my best hens & the co-leaders of my flock. It's been a rough couple of weeks.

All the chicks made it to the 3 month old marker, except Igor (formerly Spider) - he's still 10 days away from that mini birthday. They all look pretty good so far, again, except for Igor & his deformation. It's not affecting him, so far as I can tell, but I'm hoping I have enough money after I get my 3 remaining wisdom teeth removed to take him in for a checkup with my bird vet. Just to be on the safe side. And also because I'm paranoid now. :) No major fighting between all the males, yet, but Ronan is already enterin that randy teenage period & I suspect things will change pretty soon & I'll need to get the 2 pullets out of the pen with him.

Back
Top Bottom