1. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
  2. artsyrobin

artsyrobin Artful Wings

Mar 1, 2009
    Muskogee OK
    you should be able to, not sure but i think you should be able to upload it, if not, email it to me and i can post it....

3. Judy

Judy Moderator Staff Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
  4. mprivett

mprivett Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2010
    Chatham County, NC
    I had this happen to my chickens once. I was told it was tapeworm eggs, and instructed to worm them with Valbazen. We did and it went away and we haven't had any problems since!

5. IroquoisEgg

IroquoisEgg Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2010
    Fair Oaks, CA
    Yeah, I agree with mprivett-but I was told they were tapeworm segments. If you look closely you will see them moving. [​IMG] Valbazen will kill them-everything else only kills other worms like roundworms,etc..

6. Many thanks to everyone who shared advice with me. I wil buy some Valbazen tomorrow. Do they sell it at feed stores? I only have 4 hens and 1 rooster, how do I give it to them? Will it affect their eggs? I treated them with Wazine 2 weeks ago and have not started eating the eggs yet. I have only had my chickens for about 4 months now and I just love them. They are my babies! I am very thankful for your advice and time. Jackie

7. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    [email protected] :

Many thanks to everyone who shared advice with me. I wil buy some Valbazen tomorrow. Do they sell it at feed stores? I only have 4 hens and 1 rooster, how do I give it to them? Will it affect their eggs? I treated them with Wazine 2 weeks ago and have not started eating the eggs yet. I have only had my chickens for about 4 months now and I just love them. They are my babies! I am very thankful for your advice and time. Jackie

You can purchase valbazen from Jefferslivestock.com or call them. It is a liquid cattle/sheep wormer, administer it orally with a syringe without needle. Dosage is 1/2cc for standard size, 1/4cc for smaller chickens. Tapeworms are tough to get rid of. I recommend that you dose them with valbazen at a minimum of 3 times, 10 days apart. Dont eat the eggs until 14 days after the last dosing.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by