Chicken Poo looks like cous cous sprinkled on it ?

[email protected]

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 13, 2011
Good Morning! Two weeks ago I noticed my chickens poo looked very normal, however, it looked like cous cous had been sprinkled on it. Could this be worm eggs and should I retreat my hens? They appear to be healthy. Thanks. Jackie

Thanks for your help, but, it does not look like anything pictured there. It is possible to post a picture on here? I have a good picture of the Poo with cous cous.

I had this happen to my chickens once. I was told it was tapeworm eggs, and instructed to worm them with Valbazen. We did and it went away and we haven't had any problems since!

Yeah, I agree with mprivett-but I was told they were tapeworm segments. If you look closely you will see them moving.
sickbyc.gif
Valbazen will kill them-everything else only kills other worms like roundworms,etc..

Many thanks to everyone who shared advice with me. I wil buy some Valbazen tomorrow. Do they sell it at feed stores? I only have 4 hens and 1 rooster, how do I give it to them? Will it affect their eggs? I treated them with Wazine 2 weeks ago and have not started eating the eggs yet. I have only had my chickens for about 4 months now and I just love them. They are my babies! I am very thankful for your advice and time. Jackie

[email protected] :

Many thanks to everyone who shared advice with me. I wil buy some Valbazen tomorrow. Do they sell it at feed stores? I only have 4 hens and 1 rooster, how do I give it to them? Will it affect their eggs? I treated them with Wazine 2 weeks ago and have not started eating the eggs yet. I have only had my chickens for about 4 months now and I just love them. They are my babies! I am very thankful for your advice and time. Jackie

You can purchase valbazen from Jefferslivestock.com or call them. It is a liquid cattle/sheep wormer, administer it orally with a syringe without needle. Dosage is 1/2cc for standard size, 1/4cc for smaller chickens. Tapeworms are tough to get rid of. I recommend that you dose them with valbazen at a minimum of 3 times, 10 days apart. Dont eat the eggs until 14 days after the last dosing.​

Back
Top Bottom