Chicken poop in my eye

Trimmed_rooster

Chirping
May 30, 2022
Ok this may be the wrong section or even wrong forum altogether, but last night I reached up to get my roosting rooster to put him to bed. Every night he squawks and talks to me until I put him to bed. He perches on a sauna that I have outside all day long and squawks when the sun goes down until I put him in the coop with all the girls.

Last night as I went out to get him my dog barked and startled him and he flapped his wings and dust and dried poo got in my eyes.

Today my eye is swollen and very red. A little bit of goop and runny.

I saw a friend who's a doctor who said it's not pink eye and hopefully gets better in a few days.

Anyone have any idea or experience with this happening before?

Ok this may be the wrong section or even wrong forum altogether, but last night I reached up to get my roosting rooster to put him to bed. Every night he squawks and talks to me until I put him to bed. He perches on a sauna that I have outside all day long and squawks when the sun goes down until I put him in the coop with all the girls.

Last night as I went out to get him my dog barked and startled him and he flapped his wings and dust and dried poo got in my eyes.

I saw a friend who's a doctor who said it's not pink eye and hopefully gets better in a few days.

Anyone have any idea or experience with this happening before?
I had the same problem until I stopped letting my chicken roost on my bedpost.

I had a similar minor reaction of puffiness and a lot of red once when one of my hens somehow managed to head-butt me and slap me right on the eyeball with her dusty comb. Used some over the counter eye drops and it got better within about 48h. But, a long time prior I had a very similar start to eye irritation from a droplet of fish tank water. Eye drops did nothing and it escalated to my eye being swollen nearly shut and being very painful. That one required antibiotics; I should have had it looked at the instant it started to get a bit sore. If your eye doesn't get better pretty quickly with eye drops or if you start to get pain then it's definitely worth getting it looked at again.

They make AAA ointment for your eye. Two reasons not to play around and wait to see what happens.
1)The eye is an organ and does not regenerate. damage can be permanent .
2) the optic nerve run through the brain all the way to the back of the head. infection of the eye can kill you fast.
I read a medical journal at a holiday inn last week.

They make AAA ointment for your eye. Two reasons not to play around and wait to see what happens.
1)The eye is an organ and does not regenerate. damage can be permanent .
2) the optic nerve run through the brain all the way to the back of the head. infection of the eye can kill you fast.
I read a medical journal at a holiday inn last week.
I ended up using some abx eye drops that we had left over from one of the kids pink eye incidents. Ran it by a doc who updated the regimen. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom