Chicken Popsicles, Anyone tried this?

I really like the idea of chunks of ice- gonna have to do that! I am so dense sometimes- cut the top off the bottle....
ep.gif

Quote:
Yes I too found this out the hard way....lost one yesterday and can't figure out any other possible reason. Sorry about your's too TGreenhut.

Wish I had realized the danger of this heat we're having before I learned the hard way. I've taken precautions now so I hopefully don't lose any more. I thought shade and plenty of water would be enough.

Quote:
Same up here in coastal B.C. We only get really hot in August and September. But I'm going to remember this for when and if it gets hot. Last summer was really hot and I used to flood a portion of their pen with the hose on trickle and they loved walking in the cool muck and drinking the puddles.

Froze one of their favorite treats, a banana. They are going crazy over it right now! Not really hot this morning, but will be soon. I just wanted to give it a test run. I have grapes freezing, too.

I'm thinking about getting a large cooler, putting it on it's side and putting a frozen jug of water in it...kind of like an air conditioned room. I was also considering digging a trench in the run and put the frozen jugs in the trench and covering it with a cookie sheet. That way they could sit on the sheet to cool off and the containers might stay frozen longer.

I love this thread. So many great ideas.
clap.gif

Quote:
Can chickens eat the peel as well? This is a great idea.

I just gave mine a frozen piece of squash, plus some meat trimmings that my DH saved for them from our Father's Day roast. He cooked the trimmings, scraped off the bulk of the fat, and it basically formed a meatsicle in our fridge. The little velociraptors went nuts for it (they're really starting to molt in earnest so it must have been extra tasty for them).

I think I am going to start doing somthing like this for mine!
big_smile.png
Cuz its VERY hot and humid where I am!
yippiechickie.gif

I love this thread !
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom