Chicken (Poultry) Addiction Anonymous *Chat Thread*

My name is Christina and I am a chicken lover/addict. They used to scare me a lot as a little kid. Now only the hummingbirds scare me that bad. Hummingbirds are scary little beasts.

I shouldn't have read this thread.

I was thinking about getting out my incubators.

I've got to sell some chickens first.

Quote:
Quail addicts are welcome too! Looks like you've figured it out! I've convinced DH I can get several bantams...they are 1/3 the size of large fowl...so I can get MORE! It makes perfect sense.
big_smile.png

my name is Allison and I have a problem ---- I thought fresh eggs would be nice and I have a big yard --- you see I only wanted to have a couple birds -- eggs you see ---- I started out with a little pre made coop - and now I have a chicken palace in the back yard and I have framed pictures of chickens on my desk ---- I want more -- I want some slikies ---- I want to add on to my coop --- I bore people with chicken tales and photos -- I hold my chickens and call them babies ---- I love the chickens and I am not sure I will be able to stop this - help me I am new and have not even collected my first egg and now I do not even care about the eggs --- I just LOVE LOVE LOVE Them girls.

Quote:
Ohh...get the incubators out. Set some eggs in it. You've got time to make room in the coop...whether selling chickens or adding space. We are enablers...one and all!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

TWELVE STEP RECOVERY PRINCIPLES FOR
CHICKENADDICTION

STEP 1: We admitted we were powerless over our chicken addictions and our compulsion to
have more of them. As a result our schedules have become unmanageable.

STEP 2: We came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity,
and his name is NOT Dear Husband or Dear Wife.

STEP 3: We made a decision to turn our life with poultry and will to have more of them over to
the care of God.

STEP 4: We made a searching inventory of precisely how many chickens we have at present
and how many square feet of coops and runs we currently own. (roll eyes here)

STEP 5: We admitted to God, ourselves, spouse and BYC’rs the exact amount of our
overcommitment.

STEP 6: We are entirely ready to cull all the unnecessary chickens from the flock to make
room for upgrading our stock.

STEP 7: We humbly asked God to help us choose which ones to cull and which ones to keep.

STEP 8: We made a list of all the good breeders and helpful friends that have encouraged us
in our quest for breeding excellence.

STEP 9: We made a plan to reciprocate to each of these people for all the good things they
have done to help us happily overindulge in our chickaddiction. We also commit to
‘pay it forward’ to any new convert to chicken raising by being generous and helpful
where ever possible.

STEP 10: We continued to take a personal inventory of how much money and time we spend
with our feathered children, and vowed to give our spouses and children equal time.

STEP 11: We prayed that God would keep our families and flocks safe from predators
and disease, and for greater knowledge of His will for our happiness.

STEP 12: Having had a truly delightful experience in keeping chickens, we promise to carry
the message to others and work tirelessly to help others become as hopelessly
addicted to chickens as we are.

AMEN (From Chicken Enablers Unanimous)

By Featherbaby/Sandi Mynatt 7-4-09

Back
Top Bottom