Chicken (Poultry) Addiction Anonymous *Chat Thread*

I am picking up more chickens tomorrow at a chicken swap! Polish, White Orps, more Silkies, a bantam Light Brahma, another Lav Ameraucana roo, and a Blue Naked Neck! What the heck?!?
barnie.gif
This is ridiculous!!! But I can't wait!
wee.gif

Ive come to realise this last few weeks that im not going to be satisfied with the 6 chickens my landlord will allow me. my daughter is looking for land to expand her chicken flock and has said i can have a coop and run on it to breed some. Great Yippee all i need now is a job to pay for it. Amazing how much more disapointed i am now if i get turned down for that pay packet that will enable me to get more of the chickens i am growing to love. Oh well off to the job sites again and i must remember to buy a lottery ticket now that would solve my developing addiction id get to spend all my time with my pets and feathered friends.

Quote:
Just be thankful in the meantime your landlord allows you any! Even as a chicken/dog/cat lover, I still would have a heck of a time allowing my tenants any animals. Sometimes I wish I had a limit to what I can get...this addiction is out of control! The coop is almost done...so we are waiting to introduce our flock to the new ones we brought home. I hear ya on winning the lottery!!! Wouldn't it be nice!?
fl.gif

Quote:
Just be thankful in the meantime your landlord allows you any! Even as a chicken/dog/cat lover, I still would have a heck of a time allowing my tenants any animals. Sometimes I wish I had a limit to what I can get...this addiction is out of control! The coop is almost done...so we are waiting to introduce our flock to the new ones we brought home. I hear ya on winning the lottery!!! Wouldn't it be nice!?
fl.gif

Oh i am 18 months ago i didnt have any pets now it feels like a zoo here but its great never lonely and never bored neighbours grandkids are nearly as frequent visitors as my own
big_smile.png
I know if the cash and the land was there id be trecking around looking for more and more chickens buying hatching eggs too. But i still dream of a little chicken farm
fl.gif

Good morning fellow addicts! My name is Dawn and I am a chickenaholic. I love this idea of self-admittance to our addiction. I am new to the chicken world having taken over the responsibilities of my new partner's 18 Isa Browns less than a year ago and have since brought in 14 more birds - brahmas, EE's and white rocks. This summer my partner built me a beautiful new chicken coop with plans to build me another one next Spring. My goal is to raise heritage breeds that are a good dual purpose bird (possibly plymouth rocks) as well as faverolles, ameraucanas and marans for a pretty egg variety. I am obsessed. It truly is all I want to read about, learn about and think about. I do hope the obsession calms down once I have my second coop and all my birds but then I see myself getting into breeding and hatching and in these troubled times, it's not a bad addiction as the more of us who are willing to raise our own food for ourselves and others, the better. Cheers everyone! GOD BLESS THE CHICKEN!

I am a ... well, you know.
hmm.png

It started a year ago Mother's Day. My daughter, knowing that I was interested in adding chickens to the family, got me three beautiful day-old chicks from a local farm. Four months later, two of the three were crowing. After relocating them to a boy-friendly environment in the country, I bought two more girls to keep my lone chicken company.

The following spring, I found myself raising two large batches of chicks for my sister-in-law, and somehow a couple of those birds never left my yard.
hu.gif

Fast-forward another month or so, and my oldest girl decides she wants to be a mother. She was quite insistent - what could I do? You guessed it, she proceeded to raise three adorable magic chicks.
jumpy.gif

Lately I have been happy just reading about my feathered friends...but come spring - well I just don't know how much longer I can hold out...

and the saga continues, and I really must admit...I'm lovin' every minute of it!
wee.gif

It's Chickaddict here, and you'll be shocked to know I'm a chick-addict.

It started innocently enough with 3 RIR's. They were working chickens. Their job was to take care of the ant hills in the back yard.

No-one told me what would happen, I was never properly warned. Nature took 2 of my workers and they needed to be replaced, for certainly Hazel could not be alone. Right?????? It wasn't my fault....really......she needed a friend. The 4 babies I had in the house were much too young to go outside for they were not fully feathered.

So I went searching for 2 more....for her.... not for me.....so I brought home 4 more. It wasn't my fault really. The mean and misunderstood zoning board in Thomaston were forcing her to get rid of all of her BO's. It was charity and I am a christian after all, so I had to do it. They needed me and Hazel needed them, and really what's 4 more. 9 really is such a little number.

OK----- so I'm up to 14 ---- shhhhhhhh zoning doesn't need to know------

you did say this was anonymous right?????????????????

Back
Top Bottom