Chicken Rookies

mnreeder

In the Brooder
Jan 29, 2018
Howdy,
My name is Mike. My daughter and I have been researching and preparing for chickens for some months now. I've gathered lots of information, but thought it was time to chime in and share a few things.
My daughter is 12 and this chicken experience has been great. We spent tons of time researching breeds, feed, coops, poops, and everything else.
Just 8 days ago, we got our new baby chicks.
Originally wanted 4 or 5. We read that we may lose a baby, and that the sexing is only 90% accurate from the hatchery, so we settled on 7 (we can't have roosters in city limits.)
We have 3 Ameraucanas and 4 Buff Orpingtons. They are doing great.

We have been building the coop together, and call it "chicken time." The design came from my head, based on other pictures, drawings, dimensions, and necessity of location.

Thanks for all of the great information.
Mike

Howdy,
My name is Mike. My daughter and I have been researching and preparing for chickens for some months now. I've gathered lots of information, but thought it was time to chime in and share a few things.
My daughter is 12 and this chicken experience has been great. We spent tons of time researching breeds, feed, coops, poops, and everything else.
Just 8 days ago, we got our new baby chicks.
Originally wanted 4 or 5. We read that we may lose a baby, and that the sexing is only 90% accurate from the hatchery, so we settled on 7 (we can't have roosters in city limits.)
We have 3 Ameraucanas and 4 Buff Orpingtons. They are doing great.

We have been building the coop together, and call it "chicken time." The design came from my head, based on other pictures, drawings, dimensions, and necessity of location.

Thanks for all of the great information.
Mike
Hi can you see my message? I'm new and don't know how to get to talk to other! Plz reply thank you

Raising chickens is a great project for a father and daughter. My eight-year-old and I have been doing it for years, and she has gradually taken on more responsibility. We both love it.

Welcome Mike! Great to have you (and your daughter) here!

Welcome to BYC Broody with chicks.jpeg
Welcome to Backyard Chickens!

Great bonding time with your DD!

Back
Top Bottom