Chicken Run Covers

I put wire on the floor before I put weed fabric down and then 5 inches of sand, I ran wire up the sides on the inside and wire tied it to the kennel where the roof meets the kennel is also wired off with 2x4 welded wire.

I also used the clear corrugated roofing over my run. I was concerned about raccoons being able to tear off the plastic roof, so before I put the cross supports on I covered the top with 2x3 confinement fencing just to be safe. I'm able to leave my pop door open at all times without worrying about predators.

Sequoiah farms and Michael Apple I'm kind of jealous of your set ups. I have an Amish coop with chain link around it. I think I'll have to step up my game. The coop is slightly taller than the fence but that is easily solved. If I can figure out how to post a photo I will. Thanks.

Thanks! I worked really hard at it, and its still a work in progress with little tweaks. I wanted something to be as esthetically pleasing as it was safe/functional. Every time I thought I was almost done, I found "one last thing" I thought I could add or improve.

I attached it using nylon zip ties it is not burried the entire run floor was covered with welded wire before I added the weed fabric and sand.

Back
Top Bottom