Chicken Safe Plants

bekahubbell

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 26, 2014
Alpine, CA
I am looking to fill 3 old tires I put into my chicken roaming area with dirt and put some plants in them for the chickens to rummage through. I am wondering what kinds of plants are safe for chickens to peck at? And also are there any specific kinds of plants they especially like? Thanks

I am looking to fill 3 old tires I put into my chicken roaming area with dirt and put some plants in them for the chickens to rummage through. I am wondering what kinds of plants are safe for chickens to peck at? And also are there any specific kinds of plants they especially like? Thanks

depends on were you live, im in Arizona I have a Moringa Tree and a Texas Lilac Videx that I planted in mt run. You could also put maragolds, grapes, plant patches of grass there are alit of plants that are chicken friendly.

I am in San Diego, CA area. I was thinking marigolds, peppermint, ferns... I also have a star jasmine I was thinking of putting along one of the fence sides. Are those safe? Thank you

I am in San Diego, CA area. I was thinking marigolds, peppermint, ferns...  I also have a star jasmine I was thinking of putting along one of the fence sides. Are those safe? Thank you

The marigolds and peppermint are safe as is rosemary, tyme, oregano, ect. Not sure about ferns and star jasmine, a quick google search would let you know.

Back
Top Bottom