Chicken sale.

chickendude1

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 25, 2010
Morganton North Carolina
Hi we have alot of chickens that we need to sell, but we dont know where to sell them at. We have tried selling them on the internet for months but no one ever shows up. If anyone knows any chicken sales or somewhere i could sell them, in Western North Carolina. Please reply here. Thank you
hmm.png

Have you tried Craigslist? I see laying hens advertised on there all the time. Usually the asking price around here is $10-$12. Perhaps you are asking too much for your area? You could also put up notices at feed stores and vet clinics (especially rural vets). Of course, you didn't specify they were still laying. If they are no longer productive hens, you might just have to give them away for free.

Western North Carolina huh? If Mountain City, TN isn't too far from you, they have animal auctions and people snap up chickens left and right, I save all mine to sell at the auction. I know it is right on the border of NC, because I can get to NC in like 15 minutes from my house.

I sold 30 hens a few months ago on craigslist and they were gone in one day after listing. You might want to give them a price break, if they purchase the whole lot that you have to sell.

More details about what your selling might provide better suggestions.
What type of birds?
What age are the birds?
Are they laying, at what rate?
Are there any Roosters?
How many birds are you selling?

There must be some farm animal auctions near you.

I check CL frequently. IT goes in spurts. But like clockwork every few weeks...someone is looking for chickens. I have found it helps when doing a search to try all possible forms of what you are looking for. IE Chickens, Chicken, Chicks, Chick, hens, hen...ect.

Including ALL details, plus pictures if possible, in an online ad will raise your chances of selling tremendously. It gets to be time-consuming for people to have to ask all of the questions that have been mentioned above. A lot of times I don't even bother asking because the people I'd be interested in buying birds from would be detail-oriented enough to include relevant information. Buying chickens on CL is kinda like buying pitbulls. I want to know that this person doesn't just pop out a litter and call it a pit.

I'm in upstate SC and may be interested if you share your details. There are a LOT of people on this forum (500 at any given time) and several a day in the western NC/upstate SC/eastern TN region, I'm willing to bet.

I have about 50 pullets and young roosters mixed together were trying to sell them for 5 or 6 dollars and they should be laying in a few months so i know im not selling them too cheap. There very popular breeds i dont know why there not selling ?
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom