Chicken seems sick: Does anyone know what this might be?

Skywarita

Songster
5 Years
Jul 14, 2018
Portugal
Hey yall,

My chicken seems to be having the blues. Her waddle is low and she has droppings on her bum. I am worried she is not ok. Does anyone know what this might be? I attached pictures under. She is not excited about food as she normally is and she is a bit lethargic.

EDIT: She is also old, around 5/6.

Thank you so much for reading,
Have a blessed day.
1681734203065.png

1681734215169.png

Last edited:
Hey yall,

My chicken seems to be having the blues. Her waddle is low and she has droppings on her bum. I am worried she is not ok. Does anyone know what this might be? I attached pictures under. She is not excited about food as she normally is and she is a bit lethargic.

EDIT: She is also old, around 5/6.

Thank you so much for reading,
Have a blessed day.
View attachment 3470766
View attachment 3470767
Clean her rear end up and check carefully around her vent.
What do you feed your chickens.
Have you ever had Coccidiosis in your chickens?
Do you worm your chickens?

Clean her rear end up and check carefully around her vent.
What do you feed your chickens.
Have you ever had Coccidiosis in your chickens?
Do you worm your chickens?
Hello, I will check.
She and my other chicken eat leftover fruit/veggies, grains, corn, bread and eggshells, sometimes other things. They have been healthy and happy for the last weeks/months

They never had Coccidiosis, and I haven´t been deworming for a while, I texted the vet and I hope to get a prescription...

Best regards, thanks for your input!

Feel of her crop to see if it feels enlarged, empty, normally full, hard, doughy, or puffy. Then recheck it first thing in the morning to see if it is emptying. Does she still lay eggs?
Hello, I will check that. She does not lay eggs anymore, she stopped this year...

Thank you for your response, best regards!

Back
Top Bottom