Feathers are broken and rubbed off.
Could be from some picking.

Observe to see if he's picking at himself. If he is, then treat him for lice/mites. For a rooster that I wasn't going to eat in a month or so, I'd treat him with Ivermectin Pour On, dose is 0.09ml per pound of weight applied to the base of the neck along the spine coming into contact with the skin. Repeat in 10-14 days.

Feathers are broken and rubbed off.
Could be from some picking.

Observe to see if he's picking at himself. If he is, then treat him for lice/mites. For a rooster that I wasn't going to eat in a month or so, I'd treat him with Ivermectin Pour On, dose is 0.09ml per pound of weight applied to the base of the neck along the spine coming into contact with the skin. Repeat in 10-14 days.
Ok. Yes definitely not going to eat him we’ve had him 2 years now. Thank you so much

So I’m in Canada I don’t have access to a tractor supply but is there anything o can put on Stevie for these mites? i read lavender we’ve never had this happen to us and it panicked I can’t get that other stuff I have to order it those drops. What can I do In the mean time?

Are you seeing mites?

I think even in Canada you can find Permethrin based poultry spray or dust. Check with your local feed store to see what they have available.
So I ended up finding lice on him and a few others so I’m going to be treating them. Noticed it after their bath. I have a question tho, how do I get rid of the clips on grey on their feathers.? I think it’s the e eggs at the base of the feathers

Back
Top Bottom