chicken skin turned blue at head and other parts of chicken

WOW! Whoever dyed them sure used some long lasting dye.
I thought that was normal for dyed chicks--the dye is permanent on the down, so the chick looks colored for as long as the down is visible.

Then the feathers grow in with their natural color, and eventually it looks just like any other chicken.

I thought that was normal for dyed chicks--the dye is permanent on the down, so the chick looks colored for as long as the down is visible.

Then the feathers grow in with their natural color, and eventually it looks just like any other chicken.

I guess back when I was a kid and saw dyed chicks I believed my aunt when she said it wears off in a couple weeks.
:idunno
its cruel here they dont take minimum care for them i saw baby chicken had poop stuck on back and shop owner said many of them die dont worry about it tried to remove poop but i couldnt with limited sources at that time

That's sad. Unfortunately it happens here too. Not the coloring but the poor care seems far to common.

I guess back when I was a kid and saw dyed chicks I believed my aunt when she said it wears off in a couple weeks.
The chick only looks colored for as long as it takes to grow their first set of feathers.
I wouldn't call it "wearing off," but the effect is about the same.

The photos mostly show the heads, and those are some of the last parts to grow feathers, so that is part of why it is still so obvious there. But if we saw the whole chick, I think it would look mostly white (the color of the feathers), with only small amounts of the dyed down still visible on the body.

The chick only looks colored for as long as it takes to grow their first set of feathers.
I wouldn't call it "wearing off," but the effect is about the same.

The photos mostly show the heads, and those are some of the last parts to grow feathers, so that is part of why it is still so obvious there. But if we saw the whole chick, I think it would look mostly white (the color of the feathers), with only small amounts of the dyed down still visible on the body.
just like the orange one wings are white and the body still has some dye left but new feathers are white

my chicken has gown up to great thanks for the help
20210611_194707.jpg

Back
Top Bottom