Chicken Snacks

NightFury06

Songster
Apr 3, 2020
England
Hi!
Does anyone have any names of kitchen scraps that their chickens love, or treats and whatnot? I give a few things to my chickens, but I would be grateful for some new ideas, and amounts. (I don't go over the top, I'd just like to know so I can be careful.)
I'll tell you what I give them:
Mealworms
Cucumber
Spaghetti
Bread (Rarely)

Thank you in advance!

Hi!
Does anyone have any names of kitchen scraps that their chickens love, or treats and whatnot? I give a few things to my chickens, but I would be grateful for some new ideas, and amounts. (I don't go over the top, I'd just like to know so I can be careful.)
I'll tell you what I give them:
Mealworms
Cucumber
Spaghetti
Bread (Rarely)

Thank you in advance!
Strawberrys and oats, but not to much; mine got sour crop

Mine get all the kitchen scraps. During the summer months I'll freeze fruits and berries to given them as a treat in the heat. They love frozen watermelon also.

I slice a whole watermelon in half and give them half one day then wait a few days and give them the other half and they LOVE it. They eat the whole thing, usually jusy a little skin is left. We also give them heads of lettuce which they really enjoy.

Watermelon is a favorite around here as well! I just buy a big one and quarter it and give them a quarter a day over a few days. I have 15 chooks. I give them mealworms, apple peels, outer lettuce leaves, strawberry tops, pretty much any vegetable castoffs (not potatoes or raw beans).

Back
Top Bottom