Chicken Snacks

NightFury06

Chirping
Apr 3, 2020
England
Hi!
Does anyone have any names of kitchen scraps that their chickens love, or treats and whatnot? I give a few things to my chickens, but I would be grateful for some new ideas, and amounts. (I don't go over the top, I'd just like to know so I can be careful.)
I'll tell you what I give them:
Mealworms
Cucumber
Spaghetti
Bread (Rarely)

Thank you in advance!

CIuck

Songster
Jun 3, 2020
Conneticut
Hi!
Does anyone have any names of kitchen scraps that their chickens love, or treats and whatnot? I give a few things to my chickens, but I would be grateful for some new ideas, and amounts. (I don't go over the top, I'd just like to know so I can be careful.)
I'll tell you what I give them:
Mealworms
Cucumber
Spaghetti
Bread (Rarely)

Thank you in advance!
Strawberrys and oats, but not to much; mine got sour crop

neo71665

Crowing
Mar 22, 2020
Arkansas
Mine get all the kitchen scraps. During the summer months I'll freeze fruits and berries to given them as a treat in the heat. They love frozen watermelon also.

abmurry914

In the Brooder
Mar 26, 2020
I slice a whole watermelon in half and give them half one day then wait a few days and give them the other half and they LOVE it. They eat the whole thing, usually jusy a little skin is left. We also give them heads of lettuce which they really enjoy.

RevlisRemmah

Songster
Jul 10, 2020
Central Michigan
My Coop
My Coop
Watermelon is a favorite around here as well! I just buy a big one and quarter it and give them a quarter a day over a few days. I have 15 chooks. I give them mealworms, apple peels, outer lettuce leaves, strawberry tops, pretty much any vegetable castoffs (not potatoes or raw beans).

Top Bottom