Chicken sneezing, nose crusty, help!

Mine have had stuff like that before. it will probably pass in a couple days but if you like you can put vitamins in their water to help them heal faster. worked for me.
D.gif

Polyvisol without iron...(for babies) in the vitamin department at WalMart or any drug store....3 drops per day.

Tylan injectable can be given orally....1/4cc for bantam sized chickens 1/2cc for full sized....should be available at any feed store or order online @ Jeffer's Vet Supply

Last edited:
Quote:
Even with your good biosecurity you got this respiratory illness. You said you have show birds? These respiratory illnesses are not "cured," by medication, and the birds will be carriers forever. If you show, maybe you picked up the illness at a show??? I would hope you do not take any of your birds to a show now, since they have been exposed to this respiratory illness.

I have been dealing with CRD for at least a month. I think I brought it home from the feed store. So, please, don't go to the feed store after you have handled your birds and with the same shoes on. I shower and put clean clothes on before I go to town. I even wipe my "town" shoes with an antibacterial wipe as I get into my car, then clean my hands with another one. I don't want to expose anybody elses birds.
I used antibiotics for several weeks while I beefed up my flock's nutrition. I culled some, but I know I must have some that were asymptomatic and are now carriers. No bird or egg is leaving my farm until I can prove a CRD carrier negative flock. The only way to do that is to invite State to test my remaining birds. It is either that or maintain a closed flock and continue practicing excellent biosecurity, both incoming and outgoing.
Good luck,
Dale-Ann

Well I'm fighting fowl pox with some of my floak and now I'm thinking my self blue bantam is coming down with something. I'm thinking that it might be CRD cause he's showing some signs of it. I don't know how much more I can handle.

Last edited:
kathyinmo, you are pulling things out of your bum, I never said anything like that...
Re-read the thread, that is not MY post you are mixing.

The new birds came all like this.

My birds, just like ALL my pets, are just that, PETS. I won't waste my time & money on 'shows'. They are companions, cute, fluffy, clucking, egg laying pets.

Please do not post anything else other than cures, I do not care for the rest. Mainly because of my above statement. Pets.

Sorry kathyinmo, crazy day and I hate people messing things up or thinking I said something when I never did.

The sneezing does not bother them, but I would like to stop it. Like kennel cough in dogs, it's annoying unless they get real infections. You can cure it with kids cough meds and the dogs get over it, no need for the vets costly treatments. They are very perky and lively, so, no way am I culling. I could never unless a chick was hatched with some serious issues or a bird got injured beyond repair.

Back
Top Bottom