Chicken sneezing, nose crusty, help!

secuono, there is no cure for most, if not all, of the CRDs. The birds will be carriers for life. They can relapse, especially under stress. Any new bird you bring in can and probably will become infected even when your birds are asymptomatic. It can, also, pass through the egg to infect the embryo.
I have struggled with the cull/no cull issue. I have about 80 birds. So, for me it is more of the health of the flock over health of the individual. But, there are certain individuals in the flock that I haven't emotionally been able to cull, yet. They are in a pen inside another fence. Biosecurity is extra tight there. I change shoes when I enter and leave the first fence. I take care of them last and change clothes and wash after I take care of them.
I had to cull several Silkies. Antibiotics (Duramycin then Gallamycin) weren't working and they were miserable.
Dale-Ann

I know there is no cure. And either way, unless a vet checks all birds before you get any from anyone, you can get the flock sick. Even if you q/t, they might be healthy, once free, they might get sick, or your other birds. You can never truly know unless you check all birds from the very first that gets you into keeping them.
I'm done checking this thread, I just keep repeating myself and the info I needed was already provided.
Thanks to you who helped.

I re-read this thread. I read a distinct lack of courtesy apart from one thank you and one sorry that was still in less than courteous posts. I hope you re-read this thread carefully, too, secuono. Read it like you are someone-else and not yourself.
BTW, you asked for cures...
Dale-Ann

Pain yogurt, will greek plain work or should it be the more common american kind? I personally think greek kind tastes awful, lol.
I am looking on BYC for the same reason. But when I do beg for others wisdom, there is some advice I don't always agree with. Esp culling birds. There r some idiots, jerks, creeps, losers, and lowlifes on all websites. And when I ask for help, I do expect there will be some snarky comments. Please don't rush to judgement of others trying to help or their advice. Were all different and for them, extreme is their normal. Yogurt needs to be plain, very low sugar and sodium. Just enough to be a yogurt party and them not know of the medicine.

Back
Top Bottom