chicken song

Hi Cordelega!

The "egg song" is a special series of clucking that some hens do before or after they lay an egg. At my house, one "sings" really loud and the other hens join in so even in the house I can tell when an egg was just laid. buk-buk-buk- baGAWK-buk-buk-buk-baGAWK (LOL)

Not all the hens do it though, and not all have a "chorus" joining them. I think it's funny, and even my rooster joins in sometimes!

Sounds like this:

0.jpg

This is my cockerel Oreo singing to Ghost my Leghorn.

Last edited:
This is my cockerel Oreo singing to Ghost my Leghorn.
Thank you for posting that! Now I know what all the commotion was in the coop last weekend. The four of them obviously had a choir going now that I saw your video. I thought something was wrong and went running out there. Lol what a newbie

Quote: Hey, if you hear a distress in it though it could be that something's wrong, so don't discount it or feel silly. My rooster does a weird buckaw song when there's a problem. I ran out on the back deck after hearing it to find the neighbor's ****** cat trying to gain access to my babies! Not saying it to freak you out, just saying, you'll learn the differences, some are subtle and some not so much!

Hey, if you hear a distress in it though it could be that something's wrong, so don't discount it or feel silly. My rooster does a weird buckaw song when there's a problem. I ran out on the back deck after hearing it to find the neighbor's ****** cat trying to gain access to my babies! Not saying it to freak you out, just saying, you'll learn the differences, some are subtle and some not so much!

X2, good advice!

Hey, if you hear a distress in it though it could be that something's wrong, so don't discount it or feel silly. My rooster does a weird buckaw song when there's a problem. I ran out on the back deck after hearing it to find the neighbor's ****** cat trying to gain access to my babies! Not saying it to freak you out, just saying, you'll learn the differences, some are subtle and some not so much!
Thanks for the advice!

Back
Top Bottom