Chicken standing in the corner of the coop head tucked?

Hi, I have just joined and patiently waiting four years just got my first hen and cockeral rescued from the vets, so am frantically learning, researching hens, also keep dorothy and bert with my horses, i joined here in 2013 imagined to have a hen called bertha not a cock called bert lol anyway sorry, going on... could you poorly hen have her ?crop? Blocked? Hope she gets better x

I don't have panacur. Just safeguard, and zimectrin gold.

I would use the Safe Guard and track down some Valbazen for next time. :)

Valbazen gets 99% of all known chicken worms and kills them slowly over a period of time, which prevents your chicken from suddenly having to pass a ball of dead worms that can cause a blockage.

MrsB

Hi, I have just joined and patiently waiting four years just got my first hen and cockeral rescued from the vets, so am frantically learning, researching hens, also keep dorothy and bert with my horses, i joined here in 2013 imagined to have a hen called bertha not a cock called bert lol anyway sorry, going on... could you poorly hen have her ?crop? Blocked? Hope she gets better x

Welcome to BYC!!!

welcome-byc.gif

MrsB

I would use the Safe Guard and track down some Valbazen for next time. :)

Valbazen gets 99% of all known chicken worms and kills them slowly over a period of time, which prevents your chicken from suddenly having to pass a ball of dead worms that can cause a blockage.

MrsB
Ugh!! Every time I call my local store they are out of the dewormer. All they have is wazine! Never heard of it! Thoughts?? It's supposed to be a chicken dewormer but i think i remember hearing bad things about this? I just remember I vaccinated the horses so I have no more safe guard!!
1f629.png
1f629.png
1f629.png

Last edited:
Quote: I don't have panacur. Just safeguard, and zimectrin gold.
FYI, panacur and safeguard are the same thing. Use the safeguard to worm your hens. Give them a regular "pea" size amount of the paste orally to each hen.

FYI, panacur and safeguard are the same thing. Use the safeguard to worm your hens. Give them a regular "pea" size amount of the paste orally to each hen.
I will get that tonight! I will dose everyone right away! Thank you! What are your thoughts on getting mites out of the coop if they are found? I was told seven dust is not safe?

Back
Top Bottom