Chicken stopped laying

Quail_

Chirping
Apr 8, 2023
My chicken just stopped laying eggs yesterday, she laid her first on august 28th but didnt lay one on the 31st. I thought she just needed more time since she seems to lay them in the middle of the day. But when i checked this morning I saw no eggs, i checked if she may be egg bound but felt nothing and she isnt showing signs of it. I think she could be stressed since my silkie rooster had attacked her yesterday but sustained no injuries as far as i can tell.

Does this happen with first time layers?

Attachments

• 20230828_180110.jpg
    20230828_180110.jpg
    252.8 KB · Views: 28
This is not at all unusual - especially in the beginning of a laying cycle.
Really? Thats kinda of a relief, when could she start laying again? Im guessing there isnt a definite date and its just kinda of a waiting game.

Really? Thats kinda of a relief, when could she start laying again? Im guessing there isnt a definite date and its just kinda of a waiting game.
My only layer has been laying a few days and then will take one or two days off and then back it for a few days. It doesn’t seem to have much of a schedule.

My only layer has been laying a few days and then will take one or two days off and then back it for a few days. It doesn’t seem to have much of a schedule.
Thats what ive noticed as well for my chicken, i think two or 3 eggs then a break.

Back
Top Bottom