Chicken submissive squat - when to expect first egg?

Chickentings

Chirping
Apr 19, 2023
Hi y’all! I have a video of my going on 4 month old Easter egger. I pet all my girls but when I tried to pet her, she did a crazy instant freeze pose with wings a bit fanned out. I read that this is the submissive squat when ready for a rooster which we do not have. Her comb is still not very red, more pink. Around when do I expect her first egg? It’s so hot here in Texas I don’t want to miss it and have it bake out there. Here’s a video. You can’t see too well her wings fanned out as I had to fetch my phone but they were definitely out and she was squatted.

Hi y’all! I have a video of my going on 4 month old Easter egger. I pet all my girls but when I tried to pet her, she did a crazy instant freeze pose with wings a bit fanned out. I read that this is the submissive squat when ready for a rooster which we do not have. Her comb is still not very red, more pink. Around when do I expect her first egg? It’s so hot here in Texas I don’t want to miss it and have it bake out there. Here’s a video. You can’t see too well her wings fanned out as I had to fetch my phone but they were definitely out and she was squatted.
When mine did this it was only a week or so and she starting loudly talking to me. No real egg song but it was not long after that she laid. They are 20 weeks old.

Back
Top Bottom