CHICKEN SWAP- JUNE 13 HAMPTON FALLS, NH

Thank you so much everyone for all your help and answering of my constant questions!

"Willow" the porcelain d'uccle, and "Rui" and "Franjean" the spangled d'uccles are happily set up in their temporary box.
big_smile.png

Here's a question, and I'll search the forum for suggestions: can I feed them something other than chick food for a few hours? All of our chick supplies are at a friend's house and she's not home at the moment...

Thanks! See you all next week in Milford!

~Khrysti~

we had a good time as well! came home with two little cheepy cheepies! little chicks... not exactly what I had in mind, but it will be fun!!!
smile.png
the kids are happy and I'm happy too... just not sure how I'm going to get it all to work out housing wise right now, but yeah!! time to finish the coop! way to give me a kick in the right direction!

Ahhhh HOME, Well we back to the camp for a few more hours. First we went to check out Tony's birds, very beautiful.
Then headed back to the camp, and don't you know we had to RUSH IT BACK SO FAST BEFORE I LOST CHICKS. THERE WATER SPILLED ALL OVER MY SHOWGIRLS AND SILKIES AND D'UCCLE ALL THOSE LIITLE ONES.
I HAD TO REACH BACK AND TAKE OUT MY SHOWGIRLS AND PARTRIDGE SILKIES THEY WERE THE SMALLEST AND ONE WAS LAYING IN WATER. I WAS FREAKING OUT, I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO LOOSE THEM ALL. THEY WERE SO COLD AND SOAKED.

When we got to the camp i took them all out put them in boxes and blow dried them under the hand driers in the bathroom.
And ahhhhhhh all is ok. I was so scared, now they are all comfy back in there little brooder boxes.

And after all that we had chili over the fire. it was good.
Then we left for home and we stopped to get gas and we saw Chickn husband, hehehe small world. lol

Hope every one is happy with there chickys.

Quote:
awsome
woot.gif
ok we are getting ready to packing up the van, cant wait to sit in front of the fire and relax.
woot.gif

i love that, havent had a chance yet this yr but looking forward to a bit of that at the end of the month, lucky you

It was so nice.
smile.png
and relaxing.
I did not get much sleep i was so worried to wake up to sick or dead chicks.
But all was good.

We are thinking on takeing a ride up tomorow to the beach, depending on the weather.

Quote:
out in a strange town and see someone you know, small world!! LOL
glad your birds are ok, that is scary. poor things, i thought you would be camping again tonight

No we had to get home and feed all the birds. I get to nervous with there water, and how hot it got today.

My little dog left me a nice mess in my room, little brat.
Tipped my eggs, took the top off my sick chick. glad he was ok and the one put with him.

Quote:
oh, you dont have someone that can do that for you while your gone? we do. you should find someone. then you wouldnt have to worrry as much anyway

Quote:
oh, you dont have someone that can do that for you while your gone? we do. you should find someone. then you wouldnt have to worrry as much anyway

I know. But everyone lives a town away and work during the day, And i dont whant to ask my landlord.
hide.gif
He dont know really how many chicks i have. LOL

My complaint is they are too far and way too early. I started mine at 10 am. Not every one gets up at 6 am. I bartend till 2 am in the morning so getting up early and driving over an hour just is too hard. Most are over by noon. Even Hampton is almost an hour from me. Its ok Sept 19th will be here lol Mine will start at 10 am again. I have Hubbards, easters and black sex link pullets that are a week old for sale too just give the kennel a call. 332-2972

i think for the most part the early morning thing is because the weather is usually a bit cooler and it can get really hot afternoons

Back
Top Bottom