Chicken Swaps Of Nh ( May Listings )

Quote:
Atleast he is loved...........
love.gif
lau.gif

Edited to add Donny wants support for him.
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
smack.gif

ep.gif
Support ??? for what ? him saying no you cant have him and you bringing him home ???
duc.gif

Tell him i'll save him a chocolate donut hole next weekend
hide.gif

Yup, he says its all your fault for letting me hold him.
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
thumbsup.gif

Hello All
frow.gif

Ive heard so many wonderful things about all these swaps going on and the people running them
smile.png

I heard about the Tilton swap this week and have done my best to make people aware of it.

Thanks again to the people keeping these swaps going!! I for one appreciate it.

**edited to remove inflammatory remarks**

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
I have lost more chickens to hawks than anything else. Only one to a fox. There is a thread on the BYC site called "predators and Pests" and I read it several times a day. It is facinating all the different predators in different areas...oh, and what the advise to be done to dispatch them, including neighbors dogs! And I thought kids read these boards! ewe!!!!

Hi Darbella

Thanks
I have read through those posts about predators and pests, and you are right there is a lot of good information. I have already had my first incident with a hawk. The first day I let the chicks out into their covered pen (covered thanks to BYC advice) I had a hawk visit for the entire time they were out. That convinced us we have to have a covered run. We have a guard dog who generally keeps the coyotes and other mammals away but we have had a bear visit our bird feeders in the past. I was just curious if others have had issues with bears especially.

deb

Yes Deb, if you read back a few pages here you will see that someone has recently had a run in with a bear on several occasions this month! Scary stuff! They are the name Truecolorsloft and the bear got all their birds. They now have permission to shoot the bear. Look back about 5 pages and you will find the thread.

Hey Janet, here is a pic of that little Naked Neck I hatched out. I am not sure but it seems as if the feathers are going to be silky like?? It is not a frizzle for sure, but look at that fresh face!
17950_017.jpg

17950_018.jpg

ETA...maybe it is a frizzle, how soon can you tell for sure? From the picture, it looks like the tips of the wings are curving outwards??

Last edited:
I havent been on in a long time whats the entry permit im in mass and just had a bunch of showgirls hatch today and want to bring them to a show to sell. also any idea on a fare price for showgirls 1 is total naked neck rest that ive seen there still hatching though have a bowtie

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
Here in the Campton/Thorton area we have about 6 known problem bears, we've had two of them recently. We also have a small pack of coyotes(5-6) who are regulars in the area. If you call fish and Game they will tell you to put up an electric fence.

Quote:
You can call the state and ask for Cindy, but from what I heard another person from Mass tell me it was as simple as a phone call, faxing them a copy of their NPIP paperwork and they got the entry permit! I hope you can make it cause I would love one or two showgirls. I have been watching for eggs for sale, but cannot seem to find any except on ebay and I did not like the red necks on the parents in the pictures!

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
Here in the Campton/Thorton area we have about 6 known problem bears, we've had two of them recently. We also have a small pack of coyotes(5-6) who are regulars in the area. If you call fish and Game they will tell you to put up an electric fence.

Hi there, how have you faired with the diamond doves so far! I cannot believe I wanted a pair and now have 7 of them! LOL LOL...I got a few really nice colors, a cinnamon, and a hooded cinnamon and a couple that are pied! They have been building their nests in every dish in the cage, even the water bowls! haha

Back
Top Bottom