Chicken Swaps Of Nh ( May Listings )

whats npip papers not wanting to sound stupid i generally just hatch for myself
Quote:
You can call the state and ask for Cindy, but from what I heard another person from Mass tell me it was as simple as a phone call, faxing them a copy of their NPIP paperwork and they got the entry permit! I hope you can make it cause I would love one or two showgirls. I have been watching for eggs for sale, but cannot seem to find any except on ebay and I did not like the red necks on the parents in the pictures!

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif

Yes the swaps are great this year !!! Greg (the guy running them) is working hard.
Glad to see you joined BYC !!

**edited to remove trolling and inflammatory remarks**

Last edited by a moderator:
Quote:
You can call the state and ask for Cindy, but from what I heard another person from Mass tell me it was as simple as a phone call, faxing them a copy of their NPIP paperwork and they got the entry permit! I hope you can make it cause I would love one or two showgirls. I have been watching for eggs for sale, but cannot seem to find any except on ebay and I did not like the red necks on the parents in the pictures!

NPIP is testing that the state does on your birds to clear them of avian influenza and pullorum. Two devastating deisease that can spread though the poultry industyr. Testing is free in NH and I think Mass also has a grant. Call your dept. of agriculture and they can fill you in on it and what may be needed to cross state lines to sell. From what I understand, if you are NPIP certified and purchase eggs or birds from someone that is not, it voids your clean certification. The same would be true of selling non NPIP eggs or birds to someone that has a cleared cert. People are being carefull to not buy anything that is not NPIP'd lately from what I have seen and been asked by people buying from me anyways.

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
Here in the Campton/Thorton area we have about 6 known problem bears, we've had two of them recently. We also have a small pack of coyotes(5-6) who are regulars in the area. If you call fish and Game they will tell you to put up an electric fence.

Hi there, how have you faired with the diamond doves so far! I cannot believe I wanted a pair and now have 7 of them! LOL LOL...I got a few really nice colors, a cinnamon, and a hooded cinnamon and a couple that are pied! They have been building their nests in every dish in the cage, even the water bowls! haha

Would you believe one of my ringnecks killed them? Our yearling Beaker paid so much attention to the hen that she passed away and then went on to peck the little diamond cock bird. They had an egg we threw into the bator but it was a dud. When all is said and done we lost close to 40 birds. But we are taking this time to re-focus and build out numbers back up. The doves are in the house, pigeons in the trailer and chickens in pens behind the fence.
thumbsup.gif
Everyone is stressed, but they are calming down, and hopefully they will be egging/breeding soon. Right now none of my cock birds(chickens, pigeons or doves) have the desire to breed
hit.gif
But i suspect it'll come back in time
fl.gif

P.S Send hatching vibes, we still have three runner eggs that have life in them with little active swimmers. They are wicked late, but if they hatch they should be due about the same time my newest runner eggs are due.
hu.gif

Quote:
Hi there, how have you faired with the diamond doves so far! I cannot believe I wanted a pair and now have 7 of them! LOL LOL...I got a few really nice colors, a cinnamon, and a hooded cinnamon and a couple that are pied! They have been building their nests in every dish in the cage, even the water bowls! haha

Would you believe one of my ringnecks killed them? Our yearling Beaker paid so much attention to the hen that she passed away and then went on to peck the little diamond cock bird. They had an egg we threw into the bator but it was a dud. When all is said and done we lost close to 40 birds. But we are taking this time to re-focus and build out numbers back up. The doves are in the house, pigeons in the trailer and chickens in pens behind the fence.
thumbsup.gif
Everyone is stressed, but they are calming down, and hopefully they will be egging/breeding soon. Right now none of my cock birds(chickens, pigeons or doves) have the desire to breed
hit.gif
fl.gif

P.S Send hatching vibes, we still have three runner eggs that have life in them with little active swimmers. They are wicked late, but if they hatch they should be due about the same time my newest runner eggs are due.
hu.gif

Good hatching vibes coming your way! So far I have 5 little chicks hatching in my new Hovabator 1588 and I am loving this unit! I did have a humidity drop and had to help the lat one out, seems to be a problem with a lot of people I have been reading on BYC.

Quote:
thumbsup.gif
hit.gif
fl.gif

hu.gif

Good hatching vibes coming your way! So far I have 5 little chicks hatching in my new Hovabator 1588 and I am loving this unit! I did have a humidity drop and had to help the lat one out, seems to be a problem with a lot of people I have been reading on BYC.

my problem in my 1588 is the hum getting to high !! Stinks there is only 1 vent plug. so when I up it on day 18 i only up it to 55 (Hoping it doesnt go over 65) Tonight after about 15 hatched it went to 72 (which i notice causes sticky chicks) I so wish there were 2 vents !!! Aghhhhh

Quote:

my problem in my 1588 is the hum getting to high !! Stinks there is only 1 vent plug. so when I up it on day 18 i only up it to 55 (Hoping it doesnt go over 65) Tonight after about 15 hatched it went to 72 (which i notice causes sticky chicks) I so wish there were 2 vents !!! Aghhhhh

Is your fan working? I wonder if that is the problem? Can you possibly drill a hole in the lid and then use a cork to plug it up if need be. My problem is the opposite. Keeps loosing humidity so I have to put a toy car over the vent hole. However, I am not having as many hatch out at a time as you are, maybe they are doing aerobics and sweating to the oldies in there! LOL I think the other eggs that did not pip yet may be duds. However they were not due till today or tommorrow so I will wait and see.

Back
Top Bottom