CHICKEN SWAPS OF NH SWAP LISTINGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

what color is your cochin called? she is beautiful!!!
I have no idea what color she is. I've never seen another one like her.

here are another 2 views of sunshine. She was love at first sight for me. Last year I sold a dozen hatching eggs to a fellow byc member. she brought one of the chicks to a swap to sell. as soon as I saw her I had to have her. I suspect that she is the child of sunshine and a polish roo I have. she has similar feathers and a nice big polish head crest. I can't wait to see what she produces.

I have no idea what color she is. I've never seen another one like her.

here are another 2 views of sunshine. She was love at first sight for me. Last year I sold a dozen hatching eggs to a fellow byc member. she brought one of the chicks to a swap to sell. as soon as I saw her I had to have her. I suspect that she is the child of sunshine and a polish roo I have. she has similar feathers and a nice big polish head crest. I can't wait to see what she produces.
I am in Love
love.gif
Shes gorgeous

So what is the better swap to go to if you are looking for Bantam's? I really wanted Wyandottes but I don't think it's going to happen until I go to the Deerfield Fair in the fall. I'd even prefer a slightly older hen just for a pet. I currently have two Bantam Wyandottes and a tom turkey that live together. So Brentwood is the closest swap to me (wish they had one at the TSC in Plaistow!) but I have been to Milford a couple of years ago and know that can be a real good swap-LOL that is what started it :)

So what is the better swap to go to if you are looking for Bantam's? I really wanted Wyandottes but I don't think it's going to happen until I go to the Deerfield Fair in the fall. I'd even prefer a slightly older hen just for a pet. I currently have two Bantam Wyandottes and a tom turkey that live together. So Brentwood is the closest swap to me (wish they had one at the TSC in Plaistow!) but I have been to Milford a couple of years ago and know that can be a real good swap-LOL that is what started it :)
there is a swap at the plaistow store
its on may 25

Really the only swap in NH that you're going to find quality birds at is the New Hampshire Poultry Fanciers flea market, usually in August, or at their annual show a week or two after the Deerfield Fair. This "swap" has been going on for decades, long before anyone else dreamed up the idea. Serious breeders come from all over New England to sell some of their extra show stock. There are other people who also sell there with run of the mill chickins. All of the other swaps are nice if you don't care really what type of quality you have, but for those with discriminating taste, this is the only place that you'll find good birds. Serious breeders just don't have the time or tolerance to bother with any of the other gigglefests. If it's Wyandott bantams that you want, one of the, if not the top breeders of Silver Laced lives in NH. He doesn't usually sell from home, and the only place that you'll find him locally if you don't also show yourself is at the NHPFA events. Sometimes he doesn't even make the summer flea market, but you can find his birds at the Deerfield Fair or at the NHPFA show every year.

Wow. You consider Foley and Greenfire Farms birds as inferior? Someone needs to do their homework!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom