chicken thief (caught)

Now I just HAVE to see this trap! I'm starting to get human problems too. A pair of people were walking in the woods. I shined a light on them, told them to identify them selves, but just ducked into the woods when I shined the light on them. Called the sheriff but they never found them. We have a HUGE transient problem here in the city.

Another view

coprearquarterOwned.jpg

I'm glad you caught the man. I was out of town for a weekend and left the birds in the care of my father who of course didn't even take the time to look out the windows to check on them while I was gone.
barnie.gif
I got home late in the evening and just went to bed early figuring I would check on the birds in the morning. When I got up I looked out towards the breed pens and realized that the Silver-laced Wyandotte breeding pen was completely empty.
ep.gif
I scanned the yard thinking that maybe they got out and were wandering around. Nope. Ran outside to look at the pen hoping they were just wandering out of sight. The gate to the pen had clearly been opened by someone who didn't know how to do it, the wire was bent up towards the top. I guess they couldn't figure the bungee out in the dark. Worried I started a head count on the rest of the birds and realized that every SLW on the property was gone except for the chicks in the house and the eggs inside. :thun All the eggs in the nest box from that weekend were gone and every bird outside.
somad.gif
To say I was disgusted was a mild understatement.

About a week later I was outside at night working on some cages and stuff in a building. I happened to walk out to go check on something and when I was walking back I saw a car pull off the road very slowly and stop to the left of the driveway where their vehicle was screened by a large mass of honeysuckle on the fence. The gate was open so I sucked up in the shadows of the building to see what was going on. The driver turned the car off and sat their for a few minutes. Then they got out and went around to the trunk where I could hear them moving cages around. At that point I called my three dogs and started walking down the driveway towards them. When they saw me they just froze. Then they slammed the the trunk and hopped in the car and sped away. I don't know what I would have done if they hadn't left. Needless to say I locked the gate and it was locked every night after that. And if the dogs made any noise I was up checking on the birds.

So anyway. Congrats on catching him.
thumbsup.gif

birdy_num_nums wrote:
Right ON, Panner!!! I've been thinking about the other thread and wondering if we were going to get an update soon.

Hahahahaha on the chicken thief- to be wanted for other things and to be CAUGHT whilst stealing chickens LOL!!! Betcha he gets beat up in the slammer for that one

OMG Perfectly Polish that photo is priceless

I made another one too...PC is in the backseat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

POLISH!!! Soooo funny!!! Great job on getting a pic of the elusive hairy back there!!! lol!!!​

Last edited:
OMGoodness! As if its not bad enough that we have to fight the 4 leggeds for the chickens, but the 2 legged as well. That makes me so mad. Another vote for living in the country. I'm glad that my house/farm sitter (stays here in the house when we're away and cares for the gang plus incubators) is a very big kinda scary looking former Marine.

Back
Top Bottom