Chicken Time?

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by king ding dong, Oct 25, 2014.

1. king ding dong

king ding dong New Egg

Oct 25, 2014
    Hey everyone, my first day on byc !!! I have 4 chickens , that up until now get to free range for an hour or so just to root around and do their thing. but now my hours are different and i can only let them out 3 days a week. they do have a run that is 16ft by 11ft and 7 ft high that they can roam around in, however they have had the same scedule for 6 months. also winter is coming here in mn. and i worry about them getting bored. Any suggestions ? i live in the suburbs and can't let them out without supervision.

2. Amina

Amina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    Your run is way more than enough for 4 chickens. I wouldn't worry about it. They'll get used to the new schedule. :)

3. LanceTN

LanceTN Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2014
    Chicken swings, food stuffs hung from ropes, different colored things laid about.

All options for entertaining bored chickens.

If you don't have things to entertain them they will start to peck each other and that leads to bad things.

4. king ding dong

king ding dong New Egg

Oct 25, 2014
    thanks, I figured they would be fine, I kinda spoil them when I can. The tips are appreciated!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by