Chicken Tips - Take a Tip, Leave a Tip

Never go backward with the heat on new chicks it messes with the way the feathers develop. Keep an extra heat bulb around for back-up
Week 1 85* degrees
Week 2 80* degrees
Week 3 75* degrees
Week 4 70* degrees
Week 5 65* degrees
Week 6 60* degrees
week 7 Turn off the heat no more heat required bc they are fully feathered and require ZERO HEAT ready for the cold and the coop.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
clap.gif
I had a tip but after reading this I kind of lost it... Will come back when I remember and quit laughing...

make sure to throw away any strings from feedbangs- chickens can get them wrapped around their feet or try to eat them- if they do get them stuck in their mouth , pull it gently out, if you can't get it out completely, snip it close to the mouth and they can digest the rest....

I love to feed wild birds, so I have a lot of feeders haning on the trees.

The chickens really enjoy eating up all the seeds that fall onto the ground.

These are great tips. I'm sorry mine dismisses the last tip as being a good one. Feeding wild birds in your yard invites the diseases they carry with them into your chickens. Sorry! I've given my wild bird feeders to my mom--who does not have chickens!

Skip the middle man and feed your bird seed as treats only for your own lovely chickens.

Last edited:
Read all the great information on BYC, but remember that chickens are all unique. Some don't like spaghetti and won't come running for scratch. Play around with the treats and find out what yours love! Also, their taste buds change over time. Oh, and mealworms are the best treat!

Back
Top Bottom