Chicken Tractor Wheels?

Chicken713

Hatching
7 Years
Jun 9, 2012
Hi I am building my own tractor and i was wondering if anyone knew of any good places to get wheels and axles or just the wheels or the axles I live in Schenectady Ny and if anybody can also give me some stores to get them it would be greatly appreciated!!!
bow.gif

Don't know where to get wheels from (sorry). But I have built two chicken tractors each 5x16 and I don't have wheels on them check it out. I just have two ropes attached to a 2x4 and then I lift it up and pull it. The animals you see in the back ground are goats.

I got my wheels/rims for free from a neighbor that was going to throw them away, but Tractor Supply had some very similar one's that were nice for I think $6.99 a piece, which I didn't think was too bad. :)

Some self -propelled push lawn mowers have much larger back wheels. If you can find a couple of those, it's simple to make an axle from a rod of metal if you don't have a huge span.

We got the wheels for our tractor at Home Depot. The kind we got were made for a wheel barrow and worked quite well. We used the raising and lowering mechanism that some other kind BYCer posted.

When you want to raise the tractor to move it, you pull on the lever and the wheels lower. When the tractor is in place you push the lever the other way and the tractor can lay flat on the grass without gaps under the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom