Chicken Treats for Boredom or Protein Defiency

Chris, do you have any names of any feed that has animal protein in it? Our TSC has DUMOR and PURINA. As far as I can tell, it is only plant protein. What does it say in the ingredients list to let you know it is animal protein? Thanks for your help!
Purina puts out --
Game Bird Startena, (30% protein)
Game Bird Flight Conditioner, (19% protein) You can either feed this by itself or in a mix like the one below.

If you don't mind mixing feed you could try this --
1/3 (by weight) Game Bird Flight Conditioner
1/3 (by weight) 32% Game Fish Chow
1/3 (by weight) Oats (or scratch grain)

You may have to have TSC order the Game Bird Feed, if you don't want to order the Game Bird Feed you could mix this,
1/3 (by weight) Flock Raiser

*Note --
If you order the Flight Conditioner make sure you tell them that you want the one with Animal Protein in it...

Chris

Thanks for this information Chris! I think I am going to have to have a talk with my TSC! They do not carry ANY of the gamebird stuff!!!
Who makes the Game Fish Chow?
Again, thanks so much for this info!!!
smile.png

Purina puts out --
Game Bird Startena, (30% protein)
Game Bird Flight Conditioner, (19% protein) You can either feed this by itself or in a mix like the one below.

If you don't mind mixing feed you could try this --
1/3 (by weight) Game Bird Flight Conditioner

You may have to have TSC order the Game Bird Feed, if you don't want to order the Game Bird Feed you could mix this,
1/3 (by weight) Flock Raiser

*Note --
If you order the Flight Conditioner make sure you tell them that you want the one with Animal Protein in it...

Chris

Winnscollision, I love your cabbage hanging idea. I've been drilling through my cabbages with a huge drill bit and stringing a cord through but your hanger is wonderful! I also love your flock block recipe. I've been thinking of adding one now that it's so cold out. I'm going to bake one this weekend, my DH is going to crack up. Whenever he comes into the kitchens smelling something good cooking, he always has to ask if it's for him or the chickens.

I made the flock block recipe last night and it smelled so good while it was cooking. This morning I cut it in half and brought one piece out to the run. Went into the coop, opened everything up and started my chores. Instead of the usual crowing, clucking etc. there was complete silence. Looked in the run and my flock was very happily picking away at the block. Just wanted to let you know this is one of the best recipes I've seen on the site. Thanks so much for sharing it!

What about adding bacon grease to this? I am going to try the cabbage in the hanging basket and the chicken treat. Just wondered if the bacon grease would help with protein.

What about adding bacon grease to this? I am going to try the cabbage in the hanging basket and the chicken treat. Just wondered if the bacon grease would help with protein.
You can make a suet block using the bacon grease. I don't have a recipe, but think you could find one on here... I think the bacon grease mostly gives energy from the fat. And, I suppose you could try adding some to the flock block recipe listed here.

Back
Top Bottom