Chicken Vomiting

WhiteLeghorn

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 16, 2010
Last night, I left the food bowl in my chicken's coop because it has not had a proper meal for days. The next day, today, she has just been sitting there. I thought she was just full so I kept giving her water and she drinks it but sometimes she vomits when she drinks. This has never happened before and I fear something is wrong. I do hope it is nothing serious. I will keep giving her water to replace the liquids she has lost. Please, someone, please help.

Is it actual vomit or a little drool? Sometimes crop water drools out when the put their head down, this is normal.

It is vomit, I reckon. There is food in it. She is moving slowly and appears tired.

Quote:
Bread and the regular chicken food (pellets but not egg laying ones) It appears she might've eaten too much.

Quote:
Why hasn't she had a proper meal in days?? I'm not being judgmental, it just might be a clue to solving the equation.

Edited for typo

Last edited:
I would check what Hot2Pot suggested in that case. Smell the chicken's breath, if it's sour, it may have sour crop. Lots of threads on the subject.

Chickens don't throw up from eating too much.

Quote:
Why hasn't she had a proper meal in days?? I'm not being judgmental, it just might be a clue to solving the equation.

Edited for typo

Mum hasn't been able to get her regular food because it rained very hard for days without pause. During that time, I just gave her loaves of bread.

Back
Top Bottom