Chicken walking strange and different noises

Any of those can combine, but if you don't want chicks, you can try to keep removing eggs asap and removing her from the nest box as often as you can. Two of mine tested out being broody but gave up fairly easily if I was consistent with both of those things. One didn't, I would have had to put her in broody jail to break her. We had room for more birds, though, so I gave her some eggs to hatch😊

Also chickens had fowlpox back in December i vaccinated the non infected ones that were in a separate coop is it possible for them to hatch chicks or do the chicks need to be vaccinated. Also somehow one of my chickens that was close to them lived with them didn’t catch it somehow no lesions in mouth nor scabs, how? Huge mistake on my part for not looking a head when my flock was younger

If you want purebred chicks of the same breed as the parents, then yes, both parents must be the same breed. But chickens are chickens and if you don't mind having surprise chickens, then any rooster can fertilize any hen. The babies resulting will certainly be chickens, but if you don't know which rooster bred which hen, then the chicks will be mutts, or "barnyard mix" chicks. Thay can be pretty and interesting, but may be "one of a kind."

If you want purebred chicks of the same breed as the parents, then yes, both parents must be the same breed. But chickens are chickens and if you don't mind having surprise chickens, then any rooster can fertilize any hen. The babies resulting will certainly be chickens, but if you don't know which rooster bred which hen, then the chicks will be mutts, or "barnyard mix" chicks. Thay can be pretty and interesting, but may be "one of a kind."
She’s the one that passed

Back
Top Bottom