Chicken walks around fluffed up.

A broody will only get up to eat and poop once a day if their full broody. And we might not see it. I have one broody and every time I see her, shes in the nest on her eggs. How often do you go out to look? Or is she in the crate already?? She could have also been injured like mentioned above.

Sorry, like I mentioned before, I am in another country and can't check on her myself. I will ask.
Oh yeah XD if she has gone full broody, then.it will be really difficult to catch her ewting and drinking unless someone is out there almost full time.

If she is sitting, get your family to try to move her, if she sounds and looks like an angry pancake she is broody. If she is also injured that will give her time to rest. When my silkie was broody I never saw her get off the nest, the only reason I knew she had gotten up was because her head was pointed to the other side of the nest.

If she is sitting, get your family to try to move her, if she sounds and looks like an angry pancake she is broody. If she is also injured that will give her time to rest. When my silkie was broody I never saw her get off the nest, the only reason I knew she had gotten up was because her head was pointed to the other side of the nest.
Similiar to mine, except I saw mine eat now and then, both of them :p

Okay, when they pick her up and put her on the other side of the coop, she does not fluff but walks around in circles then makes her way back to where she was sitting. She does cluck while doing so though. I asked what she does when they put an egg in front of her, they say that she fluffs up really big and tucks the egg under herself.

So, I do think she is broody. That limp though, it is strange, when she does get up she kind of waddles. I told them to separate her.

They took her out of the coop to show me on Skype, she did not move at all and wasn't fluffy either.

Your family are probably going to have to feed her. Most broody hens will get up to eat, drink and poop but there are always exceptions.
Ones very new don't always get it right and wont care for themselves properly.
Whoever is looking after her, have them boil and cool an egg then remove the yolk and offer it whole to her just set it down and see if she eats like a ravenous dog.
She did not get up to eat today. :(

Back
Top Bottom