Chicken With A Pussie Butt

EilighsFarm

Chirping
5 Years
Dec 20, 2014
Hello, so I recently bought some chicks from a local seller and, I saw her other chickens. Im not going to say anything to her nor do I have anything against her Im just worried because, like 3 of her hens/rooster seramas has pussie butts. Like they had lost feathers all around their butts and it was all pussie and, oozing and gross. Like white/yellow type stuff. I have no idea what this is and, if its hurting the chicken. Tomorrow I'm getting some frizzles from her and, I may ask what it is. I don't know. I just hope they are not in pain. Btw they are in dog crates so, maybe its from being dirty. I wish I had a picture but, i can't just walk in and take a picture. Hopefully you can get the idea and help me out. Thanks!

Hello, so I recently bought some chicks from a local seller and, I saw her other chickens. Im not going to say anything to her nor do I have anything against her Im just worried because, like 3 of her hens/rooster seramas has pussie butts. Like they had lost feathers all around their butts and it was all pussie and, oozing and gross. Like white/yellow type stuff. I have no idea what this is and, if its hurting the chicken. Tomorrow I'm getting some frizzles from her and, I may ask what it is. I don't know. I just hope they are not in pain. Btw they are in dog crates so, maybe its from being dirty. I wish I had a picture but, i can't just walk in and take a picture. Hopefully you can get the idea and help me out. Thanks!
You mean pasty butts right?

Pus, that is what the issue is about. I had to read and reread a couple times, too.
If they are caged together, in small cages, they might be picking at each other. Plucking out the feathers, causing swollen, red tissue around their vents, scabbing, and infection sets in???
Just a guess, I can't think of anything else right now, sorry.
But if that is what it is, then it is an easy fix of giving the birds you get plenty of room and activities to keep them busy... Good luck!

Pus, that is what the issue is about. I had to read and reread a couple times, too.
If they are caged together, in small cages, they might be picking at each other. Plucking out the feathers, causing swollen, red tissue around their vents, scabbing, and infection sets in???
Just a guess, I can't think of anything else right now, sorry.
But if that is what it is, then it is an easy fix of giving the birds you get plenty of room and activities to keep them busy... Good luck!

Thanks! Sorry, i didn't want to write pussy which was the correct word "because it sounded um different" so I wrote pussie instead. Sorry, lol!

Ok, so i think its pasty butt. One of my chickens I think has it. This may sound stupid but, what in the world is past butt?

Back
Top Bottom