1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Chicken With A Pussie Butt

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by EilighsFarm, Jan 17, 2015.

1. EilighsFarm

EilighsFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 20, 2014
    Hello, so I recently bought some chicks from a local seller and, I saw her other chickens. Im not going to say anything to her nor do I have anything against her Im just worried because, like 3 of her hens/rooster seramas has pussie butts. Like they had lost feathers all around their butts and it was all pussie and, oozing and gross. Like white/yellow type stuff. I have no idea what this is and, if its hurting the chicken. Tomorrow I'm getting some frizzles from her and, I may ask what it is. I don't know. I just hope they are not in pain. Btw they are in dog crates so, maybe its from being dirty. I wish I had a picture but, i can't just walk in and take a picture. Hopefully you can get the idea and help me out. Thanks!

2. TheDarkLord098

TheDarkLord098 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 23, 2014
    In a chicken coop xD
    You mean pasty butts right?

3. Vamvakas

Vamvakas Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2011
    North Branford, CT
    Trying to act mature but your title is so hilarious.

4. Ravynscroft

Ravynscroft For the Love of Duck Premium Member

Nov 30, 2014
    Middle Tennessee
    Pus, that is what the issue is about. I had to read and reread a couple times, too.
    If they are caged together, in small cages, they might be picking at each other. Plucking out the feathers, causing swollen, red tissue around their vents, scabbing, and infection sets in???
    Just a guess, I can't think of anything else right now, sorry.
    But if that is what it is, then it is an easy fix of giving the birds you get plenty of room and activities to keep them busy... Good luck!

5. Caligirl2

Caligirl2 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 17, 2014
    Temecula, So Cali
    Hahahaha! Sure caught my attention.

6. EilighsFarm

Dec 20, 2014
    No, haha:) i meant pussie like pus that you could get from a cut.

7. EilighsFarm

Dec 20, 2014
    Hahaha! I didn't want to write pussy so I did pussie instead. Couldn't help but laughing myself!:)

8. EilighsFarm

Dec 20, 2014
    Thanks! Sorry, i didn't want to write pussy which was the correct word "because it sounded um different" so I wrote pussie instead. Sorry, lol!

9. EilighsFarm

Dec 20, 2014
    Hahaha! :)))

10. EilighsFarm

Dec 20, 2014
    Ok, so i think its pasty butt. One of my chickens I think has it. This may sound stupid but, what in the world is past butt?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by