Chicken with Diarrhea

Ok so i feed her Purina layer crumbles as her main feed. Sunflower seeds, fruits, veggies, dried mealeorms (sparingly) she hasnt laid an egg in months. Ive brought her to the vet 2x. First time she had cecal worms. This time he said shes parasite free. He checked her for coccidiosis and said she was negative as well as some other tests. Im waiting for them to email the results so i can post them. Im worried about her. I initially thought it was vent gleet because it was just a clear whitish discharge but now im not so sure. It has a terrible smell and shes making a mess. Im worried as time goes on its going to get worse. This is her thiss morning.
You can try treating for Vent Gleet if you wish.

I'd still treat for parasites as well.

Even though her tests for parasites from the vet came back negative? Ive been treating her for vent gleet and haven’t had any luck so far…

Even if the test came back negative, I would still try to treat for parasites if the treatment for vent gleet isn't working, if only to rule out any parasites as a cause. Tests don't always pick up on things, so it would be worth a try, at least in my opinion. I'm not a vet, though.

Even if the test came back negative, I would still try to treat for parasites if the treatment for vent gleet isn't working, if only to rule out any parasites as a cause. Tests don't always pick up on things, so it would be worth a try, at least in my opinion. I'm not a vet, though.
You know what, your right. I guess it cant hurt. And I really dont know what else to do. What do you usually give to treat parasites?

Back
Top Bottom