Chicken with difficulty breathing and sneezing.

Stephanieliberato

In the Brooder
Apr 3, 2021
Hi, my name is Stephanie and I have some pet chickens, recently I had a serious problem with my chickens, one is showing symptoms that resemble shortness of breath, where I live there are no veterinarians who work with chickens, I have already treated for gapeworm, I am giving antibiotics, but nothing seems to have an effect. She cranes her head as if she can't get enough air and from time to time it seems to sneeze, I'm afraid I won't be able to treat it in time. Would anyone have an idea what it is?

Welcome to BYC. Your description does sound like gapeworms, antibiotics are ineffective treating for gapeworms.
You will need a wormer to treat all your birds. To make certain that it IS gapeworms, get a fresh fecal sample from the hen showing symptoms and take it to a vet and have the vet look for gapeworm eggs under a microscope. Then you'll know for sure whether it's gapeworms or not.

Welcome to BYC. Your description does sound like gapeworms, antibiotics are ineffective treating for gapeworms.
You will need a wormer to treat all your birds. To make certain that it IS gapeworms, get a fresh fecal sample from the hen showing symptoms and take it to a vet and have the vet look for gapeworm eggs under a microscope. Then you'll know for sure whether it's gapeworms or not.
Thank you! I'm gonna do like you said.

Back
Top Bottom