Chicken with leg problem is in pain - Ibuprofen???

AnimalsComeFirst

Songster
8 Years
Jun 6, 2011
Hugging a Chicken
Gloria is in great pain.... her scab has finally fallen off after 4 days of penicillan.... she is in great pain and can't walk... I want to know the ibuprofen dosage when I have a 200mg tablet???

And how do I give it to her? (never done it before...)

I guess you'll have to figure out her dosage based on her weight...you could crush it and then, if she's willing, mix it in something that you know she will eat - a treat of sorts.

There is always children's ibuprofen too - it has sweetener in it though and IDK if that's OK for chickens.

Tricky...

As with other animals, chickens cannot have ibuprofen or Tylenol, only aspirin. Avian species also can die from things that won't kill a dog or cat. For example, they cannot have topical anesthetics with "caine" products, like benzocaine or lidocaine.

Last edited:
Hope she gets better. I'll send a prayer her way
smile.png

I know this is an old thread but in case anyone looks to it for advice I need to add that you are incorrect. Ibuprofen can be given to chickens. I have a chicken rescue and work closely with a vet. We have treated numerous chickens for pain and inflammation with ibuprofen.

I know this is an old thread but in case anyone looks to it for advice I need to add that you are incorrect. Ibuprofen can be given to chickens. I have a chicken rescue and work closely with a vet. We have treated numerous chickens for pain and inflammation with ibuprofen.
Likewise I realise this is an old thread but are you able to advise dosage you give ibuprofen to your chicken?

Back
Top Bottom