Chicken with odd scab on foot starting to smell rotten...

Pics
Hey guys, another update. It's been about 4 weeks of her being unbandaged I think. It was going well, but I just checked her tonight and it's coming back.

I'm not quite sure what to do here. I could try to keep treating her, but as a few have suggested, it could be incurable. I'm trying to make the decision to try to keep treating it or if I should kill her. I'm inclined to keep treating it, but I don't know whether I want to keep trying because I think I can cure it or because I just don't want to kill her and just want to postpone her death. I've never killed any of my chickens before.

I'll try to give an update on my decision. I may try to remove the new scab and look at it first to assess how bad it is now and go from there. I don't know.
Every person and bird is different. I have one bird that I’ve tried numerous attempts to treat and it keeps coming back. However she still goes out and does normal chicken things and she loves taking naps on my lap. I usually have to lift her off the roost in the morning. I could never bring myself to put her down :(

Hey guys, another update. It's been about 4 weeks of her being unbandaged I think. It was going well, but I just checked her tonight and it's coming back.

I'm not quite sure what to do here. I could try to keep treating her, but as a few have suggested, it could be incurable. I'm trying to make the decision to try to keep treating it or if I should kill her. I'm inclined to keep treating it, but I don't know whether I want to keep trying because I think I can cure it or because I just don't want to kill her and just want to postpone her death. I've never killed any of my chickens before.

I'll try to give an update on my decision. I may try to remove the new scab and look at it first to assess how bad it is now and go from there. I don't know.

Well that is not good. :hugs

Whatever your decision ends up being we will be here for you.

Back
Top Bottom