Chicken with pasty butt! Need help with antibiotics dosage!

My chicken Lucy, has a pasty butt. Other chickens from the flock died because of it. So, I gave her 0.6cc of antibiotics (Liquamycin) because she weighed 6 pounds. Is that the right amount? Also, when should I give it to her again? I am so lost, I researched and found a million different dosage amounts. Which one is good for her? Please help!
How old is she? I know how to treat it. I have a thread on it, to.

Heres what you need to do. Pictures showing how severe it would be would help a lot. Grab the baby chick gently, being careful not to stress it out. Take a soft cloth with warm, not hot, water and rub in a circular motion carefully breaking up the poop. Do not pull or tug as it can rip out feathers. many things can cause pasty butt, such as the feed, stress, incorrect brooder temp and dehydration. Was she shipped to you? Act promptly on treating her as she will die if you wait

Heres what you need to do. Pictures showing how severe it would be would help a lot. Grab the baby chick gently, being careful not to stress it out. Take a soft cloth with warm, not hot, water and rub in a circular motion carefully breaking up the poop. Do not pull or tug as it can rip out feathers. many things can cause pasty butt, such as the feed, stress, incorrect brooder temp and dehydration. Was she shipped to you? Act promptly on treating her as she will die if you wait
She is about 2 years old, but I will do exactly what you said. Thank you so much!

Pictures would be very useful to determine how severe this is. Firstly, i’ll start by asking, Is her bottom swollen and how long has this been going on?

She is about 2 years old, but I will do exactly what you said. Thank you so much!
Treating chicks vs a adult bird is a little different. just make sure shes warm and not cold when you do it. Is it clogging her vent? I would assume so.

Here is a picture of how it looks. It is not her, but almost exactly the same thing.

Attachments

• vent-gleet.jpg
    vent-gleet.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom