Chicken won’t go in hen house at night

Pics
Lock them in there for the day.are there perches in there
[/QU

When we got our 8 layers the friend who has been raising chickens for years said on the first night I should physically put them in the cop and keep them there for at least a full day. They will get the idea that the coop is where they need to go when it gets dark. Of course be sure they have food and water.

Worked like a charm. The 3rd night (the 2nd night they were still in from the 1st night) we had to coax them just a little, but every night since has been great.

My flock on average are 70 days old. There are 12 of them and at night they huddle out side the hen house and I have to pick each one up every night to put to bed about 9pm. They aren’t afraid of the house. It’s completely predator proof and they go in and out all day long. They are getting heavy and I don’t know how to get them to go in by themselves.
My Hen's are 3 months old and I couldn't get them to go in either I had to keep putting them in as well for about 2 weeks and last night they were all in the coop including the rooster. How long have you been putting them in?

Still putting our newest ones in after 2 months lol. Have 1, 2, or 3 roosting on the coop roof every night. Had one night at weekend when all had gone in but next night 2 out again.......there can be only one winner.......and it won't be anyone wearing feathers !!
That’s funny I have mine go in by themselves now except two that are always hanging out on the roof. I’ll take a pic tomorrow to show they are sweet the rest perch inside hen house now they are roughly 90 days old

Back
Top Bottom